Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best UK ISP?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by NCRPads.co.uk, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Just wondering who you all use? I have been with Zen Internet for years now and they are superb, not cheap though.

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

http://www.amatisnetworks.com/
    originally named xifos but merged with a hosting company iirc and they rebranded to amatis.
    Been with them for years

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm with Sky. My internet was down this morning :(

4. Levi

what you mean your morning internet session was all up in the air :p
    yes I'm here all day :)

5. My internet has not been down once with Zen in probably 4 years, you get what you pay for.

6. Levi

I've only had a couple of minor outages from what I can recall...

7. Janifar

Janifar Member

ICUK is best one use my cousine. Some times good and sometimes bad...

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Virgin. Sure their customer support's in India, but I can't remember the last time I ever needed to ring it. Well speedy too.

9. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

I'm currently with Sky, never had any major issues, no real down time (other than the naf router they provide you with - too lazy to upgrade). Copes with all my uploading/downloading through FTP and constant internet usage fairly well. But we're on the £17.99 package because we live in the sticks, so only one choice really!
    There's a company called LonsdaleNET (http://lonsdalenet.co.uk/) that work locally and they provide up to 60mbps with a guaranteed 10mbps on installation (otherwise they won't install). It uses LoS (Line of Sight) wireless transmission. It looks very good, and I've heard great reviews around the town, but they're a little expensive on installation too.
    I have used some crap ones in the past, Toucan (now part of TalkTalk or something, can't remember!). I came from Rochdale (where Zen started) and they've had a terrible past, really bad service and terrible connection. From what I hear they're still not much better. But like anywhere you'll get great and terrible reviews from different people! :p