• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best UK ISP?

Jimlad

Virgin. Sure their customer support's in India, but I can't remember the last time I ever needed to ring it. Well speedy too.

I'm currently with Sky, never had any major issues, no real down time (other than the naf router they provide you with - too lazy to upgrade). Copes with all my uploading/downloading through FTP and constant internet usage fairly well. But we're on the £17.99 package because we live in the sticks, so only one choice really!
There's a company called LonsdaleNET (http://lonsdalenet.co.uk/) that work locally and they provide up to 60mbps with a guaranteed 10mbps on installation (otherwise they won't install). It uses LoS (Line of Sight) wireless transmission. It looks very good, and I've heard great reviews around the town, but they're a little expensive on installation too.
I have used some crap ones in the past, Toucan (now part of TalkTalk or something, can't remember!). I came from Rochdale (where Zen started) and they've had a terrible past, really bad service and terrible connection. From what I hear they're still not much better. But like anywhere you'll get great and terrible reviews from different people! :p