Best software for logo design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean creating it directly in HTML: https://www.w3schools.com/graphics/svg_examples.asp

Use CSS transforms and you can do some very clever things

Look at these: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29738787/filling-water-animation

And these: https://ianlunn.github.io/Hover/
Wow. I read the earlier link you posted and it was spectacularly helpful to me. Thank you. I stopped learning CSS just short of getting good at effects and animation. Maybe I need to revisit the topic!

Honestly, if you can't afford to pay for CC then you're doing something wrong...while I absolutely detest software subscriptions the yearly cost for CC in relation to what a designer can earn per day let alone per year is reasonable.
You know nothing about my expenses, my income, how much or how little I work - or what I might be doing "wrong"! What I can afford is my business and your reply was suffocating.

You know nothing about my expenses, my income, how much or how little I work - or what I might be doing "wrong"! What I can afford is my business and your reply was suffocating.
I know that you yourself state "I don't make enough to warrant the expense" which in itself raises the question of business viability...

The simple fact is if you are getting PAID to do design work you SHOULD be able to afford the cost of using adobe CC, even if it's just a one month rental... one program rented for one month is $20.99 in the US. I won't even go into the moral standpoint of paying the company that allows you to get paid.

So as I said if you can't afford that then you are doing something wrong with your business, that is basically 1 hours pay for most designers in USA (this is the region your IP is saying it's from, I'm assuming it's not a vpn)... unless of course you're relying on a crowdsourcing website where you get like $5 per design... which most of us hate even more than I hate subscription software. It's basic business sense to have your pay cover the cost of your expenses, software is an expense which should be factored into how much you charge for work.

Oh and you can report my previous post all you like, I'm not removing it, I'd say the same to anyone.

I agree. If you're getting paid then there is a value to the work and factor in the cost of the software per month to the design challenge, even if it is just 1 job per month, factor that cost in, and it pays for itself.

Illustrator is the industry standard.

I know that you yourself state "I don't make enough to warrant the expense" which in itself raises the question of business viability...

The simple fact is if you are getting PAID to do design work you SHOULD be able to afford the cost of using adobe CC, even if it's just a one month rental... one program rented for one month is $20.99 in the US. I won't even go into the moral standpoint of paying the company that allows you to get paid.

So as I said if you can't afford that then you are doing something wrong with your business, that is basically 1 hours pay for most designers in USA (this is the region your IP is saying it's from, I'm assuming it's not a vpn)... unless of course you're relying on a crowdsourcing website where you get like $5 per design... which most of us hate even more than I hate subscription software. It's basic business sense to have your pay cover the cost of your expenses, software is an expense which should be factored into how much you charge for work.

Oh and you can report my previous post all you like, I'm not removing it, I'd say the same to anyone.
Actually, I did the logo for free, so no, I wasn't getting paid. About my business being viable, I may have missed the fine print on this group. I am a beginner and freelancer, and I don't get GD gigs every month. You don't need to reply to my posts since I am so far beneath you and so totally annoying to you. It mostly seems like you are looking for a soapbox, and I came along in all my ignorance and gave you one. You're welcome. I know AI is the standard. I was asking if there was anything else people were using because believe it or not, Levi, I cannot afford CC right now. Shocking, I know. Thanks for the business critique, the judgement, the condescending mansplaining, and for all of your valuable opinions. I've taken notes.

I agree. If you're getting paid then there is a value to the work and factor in the cost of the software per month to the design challenge, even if it is just 1 job per month, factor that cost in, and it pays for itself.

Illustrator is the industry standard.
I mostly do IT support, and GD is incidental along the way. I do a lot of volunteer work, too.

Actually, I did the logo for free, so no, I wasn't getting paid. About my business being viable, I may have missed the fine print on this group. I am a beginner and freelancer, and I don't get GD gigs every month. You don't need to reply to my posts since I am so far beneath you and so totally annoying to you. It mostly seems like you are looking for a soapbox, and I came along in all my ignorance and gave you one. You're welcome. I know AI is the standard. I was asking if there was anything else people were using because believe it or not, Levi, I cannot afford CC right now. Shocking, I know. Thanks for the business critique, the judgement, the condescending mansplaining, and for all of your valuable opinions. I've taken notes.
What is the point of you coming on a forum if you can't take honest feedback from more experienced people in the industry....

As you've found out doing a logo for free doesn't pay the bills does it.... Offer reduced rates if you want to build up a portfolio but don't do free because you'll set a precedent from the client for any future work. Even volunteer groups have a 'budget' for promotional work, it might not be up there with major companies but they will ALWAYS have an allowance for things like branding.

Oh and the 'mansplaining'... really... you want to play the 'girl card' every time someone tells you something you don't like. You're not going to get far in design if you want to take that approach, you need a thick skin in design because clients can say a LOT worse than what I've said. Plus technically you can't use mansplaining when, as I've said, I would have said the exact same thing to ANYONE, that includes a man.

Well I recommend you to use adobe illustrator. Adobe's products are widely accepted as the gold standard of image manipulation programs, and rightfully so. If you're on the hunt for the absolute best logo design software, look no further than Adobe Illustrator.

If you are a beginner, you can start with basic shapes in Photoshop, and one by one you can go to illustrator and rock on!

Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop both are good software to design a eye-catchy and creative logo.

Don't design logos in photoshop - please don't encourage others to either.

Vector is the format required - Illustrator - Sketch - Affinity - anything with good vector tools.

Don't design logos in photoshop - please don't encourage others to either.

Vector is the format required - Illustrator - Sketch - Affinity - anything with good vector tools.

I agreed, Once we design a logo on illustrator, then we must have Photoshop skill as well, wheres we can represent our logo in mockup style, that makes our logo WOW!..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back