Best Product Designers ?

Nstocks

Hi,

I'm looking to research some good world-knows designers, preferably product design ( although Ralph Lauren is interesting ). I've found Jonathan Ive, the designer at Apple but I want some more.

I quite like Philipe Starck but i think that too many people at Uni will be studying him... A google search hasn't really worked out that well !

Thank You

Technically Jonathan Ives is an industrial designer and Ralph Lauren would be deemed a fashion designer (personally I prefer jean paul gautier)

There are hundreds of designers you could look into, the alessi group (which starck is a member iirc) has a fair few, you have the older people like the eames brothers, corbusier (spelling could be wrong), charles renee mackintosh and then of course you have me :)

Don't forget companies, you have bang and olufsen, ikea and muji which are design houses.

Note this is all off the top of my head and also may be towards a more specific area of product design.

Yep, those seem like good options ! There is o specific genre of Designer, and it's not a documented project i.e our tutor has just asked us to do it... extra work, but I like it. I've found an Architect I like... Santiago Calatrava, his work is really good and similar to the model I've made !

Thanks

Back