Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to get a good desk?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Paul Murray, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Any recommendations for places to get a decent desk, something simple and stylish? Or perhaps a quirky alternative to a traditional desk?

I'm moving into a new house this weekend, which just so happens to have a spare bedroom I'll be using as an office, so I figured I'd look to splash out a little on something that's going to last. In the past I've used Ikea tops/legs combination, but I want/need a BIG desk, and these are too flimsy, they basically warp under the weight of my Mac.

2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Best place to have a look, I find is, liquidation stores, or research some liquidations in your area.

Offices always going out of business, and good office furniture is up for grabs.

Paul Murray likes this.
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'm planning on having a wander around some liquidation warehouses once I'm in. Most seem a little naff, but I might get lucky with a find.

Thanks, this is the sort of thing I'm after. Shame their website doesn't let you view details about the items though.

5. Yourdesignprinted

Yourdesignprinted New Member

IKEA!! Cheap and cheerful lol..