Best opensource CMS?

Hi all,

Personally I find Drupal better than Joomla, I used to use it a while ago but found it much harder to create a layout for compared to Drupal, and Drupal having much more control over content. When coming to administration of the websites, have not had any customer complaints and found it extremely simple to use. We use it at my current job on a number of high profile clients websites and they have nothing but praise for the system.

Wordpress is awesome too, but I haven't had a chance to use it in any projects.

But that all being said, it all depends on the job at hand, what cms suits best. Hey, maybe none of them apply and making your own cms for a project may be the best approach....

I've used sNews before and it's probably the easiest one out there. Currently interested in learning Wordpress ( I haven't started yet ) but would highly recommend this one.

Anyone ever use Textpattern? I tried it out one day looking for something simple to use and I love it. I'm a designer, not a developer, and Textpattern makes it really easy to code templates for your sites. I build the template in html/css and copy a few lines of code to make it work with the cms. Really easy.

Downside is that it isn't as popular, and it almost seems like it's dying out. The forums are still alive and full of knowledgable people, but a new version hasn't been released in a year I think. There are some great plugins for it, but not a lot to choose from.

Have any of you gents ever used any of these CMSs for- or in conjunction with - shopping cart software? I have tried using OS Commerce. Its great as an out of the box self contained shop, but is a beast to try and style. Anyone had any luck with any of those things?

I don't know if this one has been mentioned before.
Free and simple CMS CushyCMS

It's nothing complicated, mainly to edit text and images for clients who don't need all the complex features from wordpress. Suitable for a site that only has to update it's headline/new page like once every month.

All you have to do is add the class cushycms to your element and it will immediately be editable by your client, easy as that :)

Back