Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best client EVAR!!1

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by printbar, Mar 31, 2011.

1. printbar

printbar Active Member

From the IM - this guy is actually quite a good client of mine, but appeared to have disengaged brain this afternoon:

Me: Hello mate, how can I help?

Client: I want some posters printed. 100, please.

Me: No problem, that'll be [£XX]

Client: That's more than I want to pay. Can I have them for [£XX * 0.25]?

Me: Can't do it mate. I'd make a loss. Who're you getting that from, I should be using them as a supplier!

Client: I haven't asked anyone else for a quote, don't wanna go behind your back! :)

Me: Lol. Cheers! Still, flattery won't get you anywhere - can do you 10% off as it's you, but that's as good as it gets....

Client: Don't posters have VAT on them?

Me: Ummm... yeah. Why? If you're registered you can claim it back, so it's another 20% off.

Client: No, I was thinking that if they've got VAT then you can print them at that price and make the money back when you claim back *YOUR* VAT.

Me: ....

Me: Umm. I don't think VAT works the way you think it does, buddy. Will give you a call....

So, anyone else got anything good?
  2. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

'Can I pay you in books and fruit'
  3. graphicbreeze

graphicbreeze Member

But you're a student. Legally you are not allowed to charge me.
  4. printbar

printbar Active Member

You have me beat. That's priceless...
  5. c_b_g_b

c_b_g_b New Member

How about,

"I want this double sided flyer, now - I don't have a logo but could you just put some blocky text up here..."

So, that would be a logotype designed too then. You know this guy is going to be an absolute bell.
  6. printbar

printbar Active Member

Dear XXXX,

Thanks for your email.

In order to meet your turnaround requirement I advise that you hop into the most convenient time machine and email me a week ago. You complete douchebag.

Best etc"
  7. c_b_g_b

c_b_g_b New Member

Turns out I was right, he took a hard copy of the design to "proof" and didn't come back to the shop for over a month. He basically took it somewhere else and got it photocopied instead of paying us for design and print it.

8. printbar

printbar Active Member

Not good. Not good at all. Maybe add a watermark to all hard copy proofs in the future?
  9. linziloop

linziloop Member

Haha! I've never heard of anyone doing that! That's kinda clever and insanely stupid all at the same time. What a tosspot.