Best (canvas) printing services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyvibe

A friend of mine wants to buy some of my artwork in either canvas or heavyweight print (with or without frame). Not yet decided but I was wondering if anybody knew the best services for this type of thing?
Awesome Merchandise have a good printing service but it only caters to A3. I've looked at Zazzle also and they look pretty decent. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Digital print straight onto 5mm Foamex up to 2.4m x 1.2m. If you want something harder wearing than digital print onto alupanel up to the same size I think, that should be weather proof.And Asda.

We can help with these too, can do canvas prints up to 1500mm on the short side. Which is better quality than direct to foamex or Dibond. Get in touch and let me know what you need and we can go through price options and samples next week if you want :)

Tom

Hi Balders,

it's a higher resolution/quality printer than the flatbeds used for direct to media printing. The new generation of flatbeds are really good quality but not as close to photo quality as the current roll fed inkjet printers. You're right though for external display, weather proof work, direct printing is the future. But I would say for internal framed artwork reproduction good but not the best.

We run a Hp z6200 for our high quality work.

Cheers

Tom

We mainly use it for exhibition and conference work so its fairly disposable and isn't going to be looked at in great detail form very close. Its so much easier printing directly onto the board, I used to mount and laminate onto foamex with nothing more than a glorified clothes mangle and stanley knife in a broom cupboard.
Do you charge by the [sup]2[/sup]m?

We got a canvas off the little one made up off eBay and I think that was fairly cheap? Good quality too!

Cheers for the responses guys, I'll keep these in mind as my friend hasn't got back to me yet. Looked at your site Tom Sound and have bookmarked it.

Excuse me for my ineptitude Tony, but how do you mean the little one off eBay? Is there a printing service on there?

Ah sugar. I meant "of the little one", meaning my son haha! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back