Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by Ianp1983, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Ianp1983

Ianp1983 New Member

Hi girls and guys,

Just wondered what you thought the best software for a beginner would be.

I'm talking the overall package, price, features etc.

(sorry if this is a boring question)
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

What do you want to do?
  3. Ianp1983

Ianp1983 New Member

Just learn design basics. Be able to layer photo's etc, play about with typography, just have some fun playing about.
  4. Stationery Direct

Well none of the Adobe software such as Illustrator or Photoshop will be cheap enough to buy just for 'playing about' :icon_biggrin:

However, you can download the trial version from their website that will last for 1 month I think. Maybe see how you get on with that first:

Failing that this is free:
  5. Ianp1983

Ianp1983 New Member

Is gimp for real? I always thought people were just taking the p*ss when recommending it!
  6. Stationery Direct

Well it's definitely free software for image manipulation, how good it is I have no idea unfortunately, I suspect better than MS Paint.

Have a read on their website, download, install and let us know.
  7. Ben.T.D

Ben.T.D New Member

Just to add that Photoshop Elements is very good for the money and has alot of the oomph of it's big brother..I use it and I only miss the odd thing here and there...

Photoshop Elements goes for (v9) £53 from Amazon. Photoshop CS5 goes for £600!