Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beer or wine?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by pcbranding, Nov 21, 2008.

1. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

I've had enough for today and in typical style am looking forward to a nice glass of red.

What will you be having this evening?

Or perhaps, what WON'T you be having?

(I personally won't be having Malibu and coke from my parent's 'cocktail' cupboard after 6 pints of cider and a bag of chips! I was VERY poorly! Oh, those happy days of being on Foundation.)

:)

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'll be kicking back with a few budweisers tomorrow evening (I'm such a sucker for a cool brand, but I do really like them, by far the smoothest beer :))

3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Now I'm going to sound like a 13 year old girl, but I recently gave up beer, due to putting on a tad bit of weight, so I have made the move to "wine", recently I tried Lambrini and cant get enough of it.

I think I'm going to try out for one of the Lambrini girls in thier next advert :D

4. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

beer for me I think... might help me recover from the one too many I had last night! [mental note, Thursday is a school night, do not get hammered on school nights]...

5. matt

matt Member

There's a bottle of London Pride in the kitchen with my name written all over it.

6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

London Pride - beer of champions! good man

7. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I think I'll be having a few pints of Guinness and then probably switch to Vodka & Redbull later on. I love Red Wine as well but I can only drink a glass or two. I always get way too hungover if I get pissed on it :)

I wont be having Budweiser!! Shame on you Greg. It's overly carbonated piss! :p

8. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Budweiser Budvar on the other hand is a different story! bloody theiving americans stealing from the czech's then cocking it up....

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Haha! No way! just because I'm not looking for a 'meal equivalent' in my beer! Is it true there's enough nutrients to live off Guinness?! lol

I can't stand Guinness, tried it once and it was just waaaay too thick to drink. I did hear a few months back that Guinness are releasing a new drink called 'Guinness Red' which is a lighter/fruiter take? Apparently it's out on trials now.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7106277.stm

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Budvar's nice too, they sell it in the local Wetherspoons.
    How can you be mad at the company who owns Shamu the whale?! :lol:

11. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I was in Chicago a month or so ago and in the bars there guinness and larger (harp) mixed is really popular, half of each! I couldn't believe my eyes! didn't get around to (have the guts to) trying it tho....

12. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I reckon you could live off Guinness actually :). It's brilliant though. You get a meal and a drink for the same price as a normal beer!

My girlfriend is Irish and (I kid you not) her mum actually got Guinness on prescription cause she lacked Iron haha! :D.

Uhh "Guinness Red" haven't heard about that one. Gimme!

On another note, their ads are fantastic I think.

13. matt

matt Member

Didn't the group who own Stella buy out Budweiser earlier this year? It's European now.

Doesn't make it any better though.

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yes you're right Matt, I didn't know that! Just searched it up and found the news story on BBC

BBC NEWS | Business | Stella firm buys Budweiser brewer
    I wonder what happened to Anheuser-Busch's other ventures like Busch Gardens and Sea World?

15. Purplegurl

Purplegurl Senior Member

My latest assignment at uni is to design a billboard poster for Guinness .... cant stand the stuff myself! Lots of fun but it has to link to the 2012 olympics .... still working on a headline for it ... probably will go with something along the lines of ... "GUINNESS... RUNS RINGS AROUND OTHER PINTS"

16. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I saw a brillent add for Guinness on Facebook,

It was of this women lying on her front, naked but tastefull, moving slowly backward and forwards with a bottle of guinness on her back.

Next this hands come from the back of her takes a drink and puts it back on her back, the same thing happens from the front, then a hand from underneath her comes up and does the same.

It then goes to a black screen with the writting Guinness - Share with your friends.

Love it. If any one finds it can you PM me the address as I haven't found it since.

Cheers

17. Purplegurl

Purplegurl Senior Member

18. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Your the girl.
    Got the wording wrong but spot on, cheers Purplegurl.

19. Purplegurl

Purplegurl Senior Member

I must have viewed around 50 guinness ads so far for my research .... Ive started to dream in black and white now lol

20. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I can imagine, those sort of things always seem really good at the start, but then you just get sick of the subject matter.