Bed Shop

croche

Right i have just been asked to help make a online shop for sellling beds..

I have only ever used one shop softwear and that was cubecart and i didnt really like it.

So i would like to know what shop softwear you use or have used in the past?

Thanks
Chris

Chris,

If I were you I'd try and stick it out with CubeCart. I've used it once or twice and I love it, so easy to set up and mould the templates. Its one of the best out there.

The other options are Trading Eye, Zen Cart or Xcart. All these are pretty good too.

I used Zen cart. It is pretty cool becouse, there are many useful add-ons for that. Easy to code. The rest is the silence becouse I made shop for men from the Japan, they have funny letters (or words or signs :) dont know ) and I had a big headache with encoding (it was a year ago -it's maybe better now)

Greg made a really cool e-commerce site for a bed company or something... using OpenMind i believe..?

tim-ater said:
Greg made a really cool e-commerce site for a bed company or something... using OpenMind i believe..?

Hi Tim,

I did indeed make an e-commerce site for a local bed store using Openmind Commerce (suitable for UK sites) just a shame they're no longer around so I can't post a live link up :(

croche said:
Right i have just been asked to help make a online shop for sellling beds.. So i would like to know what shop softwear you use or have used in the past?

Hi Chris,

From my experience of working on the bed store, I would seriously recommend getting the sites specifications signed off to the finest details! I had a bit of a nightmare before with my clients as the project and spec changed part way through the project. The biggest issue was the delivery part of the system, as the client is likely to be selling a wide range of products in weight value, from a single sheet to a king size bed frame and mattress! Just make sure the client is 100% certain on what they need the site to do... and then make sure the e-commerce software you go with can accommodate those needs.

Good luck! :)
Greg

Back