Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beats Headphones

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Jan 8, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

2. tim

tim Senior Member

the feedback on them is shocking.

and they're pretty damn heavy.

if you're not into heavy bass music then dont get them.

if you are and you dont mind carrying the weight around, they're mint.

i've seem these used by DJs at Galaxy FM, but apart from that, only people with a lot of money.
  3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I keep meaning to get a good pair of headphones, but always have to question whether its worth it...
  4. br3n

br3n Senior Member

the thing with headphones is you need to spend LOADS to get any real gains over something resonable. Ive got a set of technics £60 jobbies and unless you start spending 6x that your not really going to get much more.

A friend of mine just bought some senheiser £30 something or other and theyre awful, I know its an awesome brand but their low end is comparable to something from the pound store.

Also, you can argue to get the best out of any headphones you need a headphone amp - an ipod for example has pretty poor sound at best.
  5. charles

charles Senior Member

My Bang&Olufsen A8's are amazing had them 3 years.

Only annoying thing is you can't wear them with sunglasses in the summer as they're over-ear.

Just broke the cable though so need them repaired :(
  6. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

My toby has sennheiser headphones they are amazing for the price - however i want some of the lady gaga beats! haha
  7. charles

charles Senior Member

seinheiser earphones seem to be really crappy if they're the ones that cost less than about £80, crazy considering their market share and decent reputation in the dj headphone market.
  8. xxmissbirdyxx

Oohh no these were more than £80 lol they are amazing i put them on and i cant hear anything at all! Great way to ignore people haha
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm not a detective, but... :D
  10. xxmissbirdyxx

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

Just kidding I'm sure he loves listening to his musicissbirdy
  12. xxmissbirdyxx

Hahaha! LOL he doesnt listen to me when he has them off let alone when they are on! Hes just put them on now and i looked up and realised i was talking to myself!
  13. Greg

Greg Active Member

There's some good comic timing :)
  14. glenwheeler

Isnt this normally the case with head phones?...
  15. xxmissbirdyxx

No it blocks out all sound around you - where as some dont. you cant hear anything but what u hear in the headphones.
  16. Becky

Becky Member

sounds like the Sennheisers I have, cost a bomb but totally worth it. I wear them at work quite a bit to drown out all the old printing codgers talking crap :p
  17. xxmissbirdyxx

:p yeah deffo! neat piece of kit! i kinda look silly in them though lol!
  18. glenwheeler

Are any of these headphones worth it tho? It only takes a few month and theres a new pair out....£180 just to listen to music?
  19. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Id say if your actually serious about getting some good headphones, spend £150+

Ive got some senheiser in ear headphones as well as my technics, theyre cheap enough not to worry too much about (sand and general crap that gets in them) but still sound really good and drown a lot of background noise out as well.
  20. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

In the US, one of our higher end brands for headphones and related items is called "Plantronics". I've got some myself that have reinforced cording, comfortable padding on top, and volume control on the left side though mine are optimized for communication programs like Skype and Ventrillo, so it has a mic. (What can I say, Im a gamer girl:D) but music also sounds wonderful on these. They are a tad on the heavy side but not too bad to be usable.