Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beach Break Live

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, Jan 9, 2011.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Evening,

Know a few on here are Students, wondered if any were planning on heading to BBL this year?

Gonna be a sick event! Deffo can't wait!

Laters

Craig

2. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I went last year, on the blag as I haven't been a student in a long time. Great vibes, everyone seemed well up for having a good time regardless of what was on/happening.

Dan Le Sac & Scroobius Pip were the highlight....

If you discount the enormous amount of 20ish girls in bikini's.

3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

4. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Yeah wa epic last year!

My report - Beach Break Live :: Craig Sparkes :: Freestyle Kite Buggier

We are going back bigger and better this year! Can't wait! Also 3 days after birthday haha!!

Last year was lucky to get full backstage & Vip!

Dude havnt forgot about logo either, just been manic over xmas break as GF has gone away on Holiday so was seeing her before she went and all.

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I had forgotten about that! I will email you about it tomorrow! I think most things fall behind over the holidays!

I went in last year as a photographer, so we had great access, but decided to present it as 2 guys who went to a festival, better for the blog/brief.

So lucky to have caught this aswell!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPAqbNwtej4"]YouTube - MC Xander beachside at Beach Break Live 2010[/ame]

Soren, if you are reading this, watch the video!

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Looks great, any rumours regarding the lineup then?
    Have been to Reading a few years but now feeling a bit too old/lazy for that, imagine the addition of beach+sea to relax in the day is gooood?

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

What is the score with the general public? I was always under the impression that it was students only. I have no idea how that actually works, do you have to have a uni card to buy a ticket?

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

According to the site, there's tickets for students & non-students, the latter being more expensive..

Early bird tickets for students are £84, where as non-student is £104.

9. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Yeah non-students can go, just not as many as student tickets.Think student get priority too! Have heard a few rumors and is looking good!

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Care to share the word on the inside Craig? :)

11. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Thought I'd dig this post back up seeing as its only about 6 weeks away! Anyone off here going? Can't wait :D

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Ah well, I guess I'm not going this year! Stupid Italy!

13. xxmissbirdyxx

Awww well Wales v Italy... I think I'd choose Italy :p

14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

You haven't lived here! I need a beach dammit! Or cheaper trains and more money!

15. xxmissbirdyxx

Ah... yeah no beach would send me crackers!

16. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Met with the Guys on Wednesday and saw alot of the plans, all I'm gonna say is the wait is going to be worth it! There are some more acts being announced Monday!

The guys behind the event are awesome, and what makes it even better for us is there are Kitesurfers now! Its gonna be epic! Just got to hope its sunny like last year and windy!

17. xxmissbirdyxx

Yaaaaaay!

Well I hope its sunny... dunno if I can agree with wanting it to be windy cause the park gets blooming cold!! Haha!

18. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Kite by day, party by night! Need the wind for demos and comps too!

Need it to be windy in few weeks when we come down for some promo, can't believe its almost yer since last one!

19. xxmissbirdyxx

Haha no no party all day and night! Oooh you holding competitions for students n shizz to join in? That'll be cool to watch!

Haha yeah a year has gone quick!

20. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Yeh with te Ska, bbl are doing the official student extreme games, should be good for action sports!

Well kite 10-5 the party till 6am just enough for some kip to get energy then back at it!

Building the wake park is go na be a massive effort!