Batman vs Thor Poster

davewill

Just wanted to share with you guys a little job I did recently for a friend. I was asked to design a poster as a wedding gift for a couple who were getting married. The bride was a huge Batman fan and the Groom had a serious man crush on Thor so the idea was to create something based on this theme. I came up with the idea for a spoof movie poster that included the guest list in the form of the movie credits. Just thought id post it here for a bit of fun!

214d2306bfa732cf53f12a9cd6c7482d.jpg
810905a3a6a9b34e962630d13883d454.jpg

Thanks Tom, Yeah pretty much all done in illustrator, little bit of effect added in photoshop for the stars and sky gradients. Tom Sound, a member of DF printed it for me actually, he does all of my posters and is an absolute legend. Really good quality, affordable, fast turnaround (he lives about 200miles away from me but everything is sent quickly in the post) so id definitey recommend him.

Yep! Really nice work Dave.

When I got a price for outputting a print recently I had a pleasant surprise.
A3 onto A2 (Giclee onto archive paper) it was twelve pounds and a 10 min turnaround from a local fine art/photography printers.

Yep! Really nice work Dave.

When I got a price for outputting a print recently I had a pleasant surprise.
A3 onto A2 (Giclee onto archive paper) it was twelve pounds and a 10 min turnaround from a local fine art/photography printers.

Wow, that is a good price. Ive never actually printed Giclee before. Would you recommend it compared to digital? I presume theres no additional work involved in setting up the file for a Giclee print?

Wow, that is a good price. Ive never actually printed Giclee before. Would you recommend it compared to digital? I presume theres no additional work involved in setting up the file for a Giclee print?

Yep, I was surprised.

It's really just a very good quality ink-jet plotter.
They use special fade resistant inks and museum quality archive paper that last over 85 years.
Really easy to set up.
I just sent them a tiff from illustrator and that was it.
The client had it mounted and framed and are really chuffed with it.
It was the Marvel comic from the "personal work" bit BTW.

davewill said:
Cheers Brendon, why dont you pop over to the Introductions thread and say hello to everyone
I think Brendon may be a spam bot. Yet I'm not sure?

Back