Bass Drum Design for Personal Drum Kit

TheJay

I am having a bespoke kit made and designing my own logo for it. I'm not part of a band and the kit will remain at home. I just want to add a graphic as the finishing touch.

I've come up with multiple designs and can't decide which to choose or whether there is anything more I can do to develop a particularly promising design.

I am not a graphic designer and thus has been very challenging. I hope you can help me please.

Some combine my initials S & H, one combines that with D for drums (and also makes a face), one combines drum stick heads with S and some feature the actual drum wrap used.

PCXxpZC.png

h2IDs1C.png

MAcEA75.png

e8pblUz.png

u30BF0a.png

iZVkb6a.png

BChYWOn.png

tjfW5Ul.png

FionJ9y.png

DgzkRB7.png

First of all, to say that you're not a designer, they look pretty good, though a lot of them just look like random shapes put together and some are the same. Something like this is so
personal to you that there's not a lot we can criticise. Saying that, I quite like number ten.

Thanks Wardy, it's so difficult to choose. You may not realise it but they aren't just random shapes. I'd annotate them if I could.

Look again, you'll see either S & H or S in negative space.

Yes, I saw some of them, but most are just bit tenuous or ambiguous for me. I know it's just for you, but you don't want to have to
explain to everyone who asks, what it stands for.

That's a fair comment. Happy to further develop any of the ideas or work on a new one if you have suggestions :giggle:

I like number nine because it's simple and attractive. Your design is looking very clear in that. By the way, nobody can say that you're not a graphic designer. Your designs are good enough.

Back