Barclay card EPDQ intergration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazajay

Hay peeps,
I'm in need of desperate help here. :mad:
How do you intergrate Barclaycards EPDQ into a shopping cart.

I know the theory encypt the data, send that data and loads other via a html form to barclay cards secure site, they enter thier details it then get redirected back to us.

Heres their intergration guide:
http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/business/documents/pdfs/cpi_integration_guidev10.0.pdf

Page 28 is the bit where it talks about encrpyting your data but I don't just get how you do it and many internet searches says I'm not alone.

I've talked to Barclay card intergration help department 3 times today, I like the fact they have a full department on helping people just to intergrate it surely that should be a big flashing light saying make it easier dumbass, anyhoo much good that was 2 of them told me to talk to the intergrations technical team I mean what???? Its a team that should know about intergrating it into a website shouldn't that be technical!!! May be in a bad mood, submitted an email to thier support team after talking to them the third time, thought it would be better if it was explained written down and well left at 5 submitted it at 2 and still no reply so.....:mad:

How do I encrypt the data please for the love of what ever you hold dear tell me?
In fact does anyone know or is it Barclay card having a laugh???

christ, that seems overly complicated way of explaining stuff although the basic principle seems easy enough.

Basic jist what I can understand (not that I can do any of it lol - thats your job :p)

- On your site you have the checkout page where you put in the required info on page 28
- this is then sent to the 'final' checkout stage AND to their site where it goes to their encryption tool - all on page 11
- the encryption tool on barclays server then sends an encrypted file (that eqpd bit on page 29) to your server
- your server redirects to an 'allowed' url address for card detail entry and then submit
- barclays server sends transaction info to 'post url' on your server
- barclays will give transaction status page to customer
- customer can then click on continue to browse site again....

edit: debian might know a bit more about it so might be worth giving him a shout :)

So basically it sounds like the barclays security check tool which basically works like this
- you put stuff in shop basket
- go through to checkout
- at checkout you put details in
- you click pay and get redirected to barclays security page where you enter 3 letters/numbers
- if ok this sends you back to shop saying you paid
- carry on as normal...

christ, that seems overly complicated way of explaining stuff although the basic principle seems easy enough.
Yeah my posts are, o no wait you mean their documentation...I think. :D

Well heres the bit I'm slightly confused with:
$params="clientid=$clientid";
$params.="&password=$passphrase";
$params.="&oid=$oid";
$params.="&chargetype=Auth"; $params.="&currencycode=$currencycode";
$params.="&total=$total";

So do I replace all the variables ($variable) with $_POST data, basically data sent from the form/shopping cart?

But then how do I get the encypted input created and added to the form?
Example:
<INPUT type=hidden name=epdqdata value="3F3CCB89A399D038EA641BF7ED75BB8563187C860EF3F1C04A0611F6ABC932EAF123E2B6E5A28901FAE105A223A1BBB414A499C815A57F6C69923567296064482912CE940C2C770F48FFFF2B8936B6B1CB3547BE5BF0DDC8B00827DEDA08D2C30400AF3863A7D983997C0A56186A926">

The rest I think I get but I've been focused on getting the encyption bit first so only briely looked at it.

Cheers for looking dude you have no idea how appreciative I am. :)

well the way I understand it (and I may be very very wrong with this lol) is that (below is from the purchase info)
(Step 2)
$params="clientid=$clientid";
$params.="&password=$passphrase";
$params.="&oid=$oid";
$params.="&chargetype=Auth"; $params.="&currencycode=$currencycode";
$params.="&total=$total";

is sent to barclays encryption tool and you get back
(Step 3)
<INPUT type=hidden name=epdqdata value="3F3CCB89A399D038EA641BF7ED75BB8563187C860EF 3F1C04A0611F6ABC932EAF123E2B6E5A28901FAE105A223A1B BB414A499C815A57F6C69923567296064482912CE940C2C770 F48FFFF2B8936B6B1CB3547BE5BF0DDC8B00827DEDA08D2C30 400AF3863A7D983997C0A56186A926">

sent back from them

I'm working from the image on page 11 (in italics) and referencing pages 28/29 for the relevant codes that you like :p

Aww right with you, bare in mind when I say with you it means just that, not that I'm anywhere closer, lol, so wheres the encryption tool? And i change those variables to the variables added by the client right via the post array?

Then send them to the encryption tool?
Right I need to get that working first before I work out how I get it back and then what I need to do with it. I don't like this, why don't they make it simplier like others? :cry:

the encryption tool is on the ePDQ server although I'm sure I read it was on the barclays site somewhere ....

You'd have thought that barclays being the size they are could have come up with an 'auto installer' for this lol

You would think Barclays being the size they are would say do we need an entire department to "tell people"...cough cough question mark over how good they are at that anyway...how to set this up or can we make this simplier, like err....paypals version and thus save a load of money.

Maybe thats just me who looks at expenditure like that. :)

Hi,
This thread can now be closed got it all working, yep post the right variables and if you use the script on their site it does the whole encryption thing for you.

Now just got to create the payment pages at my end yeah fun. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back