Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banksy in Bristol

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

2. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Hi Boss,

Yes. All very exciting. My designer used to be a close friend of Banksy, but quite a few have fallen out over changes in commercial direction!

The exhibition is about five minutes walk from where I live, so will definately go. Will just wait until the rush reduces. Predicting thousands this week-end.

I was in the museum a couple of times while the work was secretly going on (I didn't know!). They have certain areas for rotating exhibitions - so everyone thought it was a prolonged installation - though clearly VERY large.

It is nice that he has decided to give something back to Bristol, really nice gesture - an official thank-you; although he did all the work!

Urban art is really big in Bristol - an exhibition has just finished round the corner from the museum at the Royal West of England Academy.

I'll try and get some exclusive pics for this fine forum.

Best wishes

3. CYoung

CYoung Member

I'm quite far away, but I would love to see this. I really admire his work.

I think its funny how he's gone from thug to superstar in many places :icon_biggrin:
  4. Minuteman Press

A Graphic Design Forum day out in Bristol?
  5. CYoung

CYoung Member

That would be incredibly cool:icon_biggrin:
  6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

We would be incredibly drunk :icon_biggrin:

VLAHAKISA Member

My blog eats photos

Did I hear the words exclusive pictures?

If you can get me several high quality photos of the exhibition, I'd love to receive them, blog about and of course whilst plugging minuteman press at the same time :icon_wink:

Let me know.........

8. Minuteman Press

Tried to visit today - massive queues.

VLAHAKISA Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  10. dot design

dot design Member

11. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

Interesting! It's pretty far for me, but I've already made my demands of my friends to come see :) waiting till everything calms down a bit though. I'm really excited and interested to see it, I haven't seen any of his work in real life and I'm looking forward to finding out more about him. Jealous of MP being so close!
  12. dot design

dot design Member

13. CYoung

CYoung Member

Thanks Gareth - excellent! :icon_thumbup: