Band Logo Critique

I see what you did there with the road markers, very clever. Could be a little more subtle in my opinion. Also, I find the font design a little in your face and would maybe try some different options.

Honestly... I never clicked that the dashes etc were road markings...
The text doesn't seem to fit either.

If you really want to go down the 'road' route maybe look at the way road signs and road text is done, although personally I think trying to be 'literal' to the road part of the name is a little cheesy.

Please, please don’t use prime marks instead of apostrophes. Makes my blood boil. It stands out like a sore thumb.

Also, the whole thing doesn’t reallyscream band and if I’m honest, it looks a bit, ‘kitchen table’ design. I agree with Levi, it’s all a bit obvious and cliché. Never stick with the first idea you come to. Keep going. If you came up with it as your first thought, then so will have everybody else.

Be a bit clever with it. Try and say something about the band, their genre of music, their audience demographic, etc, etc. It’s not about pretty. It’s about communicating something.

Please, please don’t use prime marks instead of apostrophes. Makes my blood boil. It stands out like a sore thumb.
Interesting. I never realized that this character has a different meaning until I searched for it after reading your post. Technically, I did type the apostrophe key on my keyboard, but apparently this font only has this character.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Will definitely work on these ideas for my next iteration. My first priority right now is to find a font that fits better.

Interesting. I never realized that this character has a different meaning until I searched for it after reading your post. Technically, I did type the apostrophe key on my keyboard, but apparently this font only has this character.
The keystroke on the Mac is Option + Shift + ]

Back