Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bahrain - F1 2010

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Mar 9, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

Bahrain will be the opening race of the season. It's going to be an exciting start and I am going to be there to see it!

Maximum uphill slope: 3.60%
    Maximum downhill slope: 5.6%
    A relief that ranges from 0 to 18m
    Three real possibilities for overtaking
    Qualifying lap record (Old Grand Prix Circuit): 1m30.139s – M. Schumacher – Ferrari (2004)
    Race Lap record (Old Grand Prix Circuit): 1m30.252s – M. Schumacher - Ferrari (2004)
    Lap record speed (Old Grand Prix Circuit): 216.074 kph
    Length of longest straight: 1090m (start/finish line)
    Track length: 6,299m (3.91 miles)
    Turns: 23 (10 left; 13 right)
    Straights: 4
    Width: 14m up to 22m

Not that this interest's a lot of people but I thought i'd put it on, I'm sooooooooo excited!! Who's going to be watching?

Race Predictions:

1. Alonso
    2. Hamilton
    3. Massa

5. Button
    7. Schumacher

Race Result:
    1. Hamilton
    2. Alonso
    3. Scumacher
  2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Brum! brum!
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

4. glenwheeler

lol!! I love Brum Brums
  5. Thewholehogg

Brum brum wiggle....
  6. glenwheeler

Thats what the backend of Scumachers car will be doing when he see's Hamilton in his mirrors when lappinjg him.
  7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I'm pretty excited for the first race Glen, not as much as you, but it's going to be good viewing that's for sure, hope you have an awesome time there!

8. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

There is an article about F1 in the Time magazine. Does it interest you ? I can scan it if you want.
  9. jasonwall

jasonwall Member

defo watching... how about the new rear wing on the mclarens, excellent idea and one step ahead of the pack!
  10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

god damn that was dull
  11. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

yep, snooze fest.
  12. Thewholehogg

13. glenwheeler

Love the idea mate, I dunno what other teams were bitching about "Moving Parts" this that and the other "its the rules"...I think its a great idea but I feel it wasnt used effectively at Bahrain as there wasnt a great deal off great over taking. I think the only overtaking was when Vettel had his mechanical issue.
  14. glenwheeler

You Guys must be made, how can you not be excited on race really really does confuse me...Bahrain wasnt "an epic race" but hell it was good fun!!
  15. Levi

they all went around following each other until the one in front of them broke down or got stopped from coming out in the pits if a car is 50m's away, it's a stupid new rule.

I was under the impression that this new set of rules was supposed to make things more racy, there was more the year before and I doubt it will change to be honest.
  16. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

It wasn't the worst race I've seen, not quite as processional as it used to be. The new rules should makes things a little more interesting as the season goes on and the teams figure out hw to make the most of their strategies.

I like the fact that the drivers have to work harder and think a lot more about how they are driving with things like tyre and fuel conservation. Any overtaking that does take place will be down to thee sorts of factors instead of out and out driver ability.

I've always thought that F1 should be slowed down though to encourage better racing. It'll never happen. I always liked the formula ford route, everyone has a standard car and it's down to the driver skill as to who wins. Just like every other major sport, the money rules the way it's run.

Glen might be able to answer this one: If Webbers car was just as quick as Vettel's why on earth couldn't he get past button? What has changed in the last 20 years to reduce the amount of out and out racing in F1?

EDIT: The most interesting thing about this season will be watching the scrap at the back with the new teams fighting in out. Remember the good ole' days when you were lucky if 10 cars finished?
  17. you see this is why i think F1 is dull to watch... :) each to their own though :p :lol:
  18. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I'm with you Chris it is dull. I'm not a fanatic, I prefer watching Moto GP because it's a lot more fun, but I always give F1 a go in the hopes that things will improve.
  19. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

Drivers sum it up (from BBC)

"With no refuelling, it will be difficult to see any overtaking, so after the first lap the positions will be set," said Alonso on his Ferrari debut.

Lewis Hamilton, who finished third for McLaren, added: "You start with fuel, you do one stop and it's pretty much a train all the way."

"The first lap is definitely your best chance of overtaking," admitted Button.

"Overtaking was basically impossible unless somebody made a mistake," the German said following the race. - Schumacher
  20. Levi

I watched the first one, it was the first race after all, but the quali's had more interesting action going on.

I'll probably watch the next one and if it doesn't improve I'll just go back to watching something like anime or redbull sports events if they're on :)