Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Background Image/Colour

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by samjacksondesign, Oct 1, 2010.

1. samjacksondesign

samjacksondesign Senior Member

I thought id bring my question to the experts:)

On my site, S.J Design - Home i want to change tha background from white to either an image or colour.

I have seen brief tutorials but that is only for background behind text.

Any of you have any ideas?

Btw i am a novice too:)

2. wac

wac Senior Member

body {
    background-color: #000;
    // Replace #000 with the decimal colour of your choice.

Or in Dreamwever Right Click (PC) Cmd + Click (Mac) > Page Propeties> Choose you background colour.
  3. samjacksondesign

Ahh Thanks Wac:)

Luckily i am using DWCS5 so i was fortunate to right click however i have also learnt the proper way.

4. wac

wac Senior Member

No worries, I neglected to mention how to do a background image but if your using DW you've probably discovered that option is just below the colour.
  5. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I really don't want to sound like a dick, but should you really be offering web design services to the world when you can't change background colours?

I mean, that's like a mechanic asking for advice on how to change a wheel…
  6. samjacksondesign

Hi Harry,

When i mean Web i mean content, banners etc. Yes i see your point. My site is undergoing a complete overhaul at the moment anyway:)
  7. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Gotcha, so graphics for the web as opposed to building sites?
  8. samjacksondesign

Well inititally i thought i was going to do sites as a friend of mine voulenteered to help however i am no going solo so web is off the agenda until i develop my web skills