Back to the Future 2 Poster

davewill

Ive mentioned on DF in the past that Im a big Saul Bass fan and so last year I designed a Back to the Future poster in his style as a celebration of the re-release of my favourite movie of all time.

As a follow up to this Ive decided to design a second poster in the same style based on Back to the Future 2. The poster is made up of various iconic images from the movie including the hover boards, nike sneakers and the sports almanac. Im planning on getting a few printed as the original BTTF poster I did proved to be really popular.

Id appreciate any opinions, feedback and critique before I finalise the design.

Cheers guys

Attachments

• BTTF2.jpg
    BTTF2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Michael/Becky, you are very kind.

I made a few slight tweaks to the design in terms of layout but it hasnt changed much, Ive just written the blog post making it available to pre-order. The post is set to go live on my blog at 5:30pm so you can buy one from then.

p.s I will be doing a 3rd one, Ive got to really now havent I!

Dave, seriously, I am skint at the moment, saving hard for something excting, but I would love the set when they are done. Can you keep me the first 2 and then when the third one is done I'll buy the set? Money should be more in line by then!

mrp2049 said:
Dave, seriously, I am skint at the moment, saving hard for something excting, but I would love the set when they are done. Can you keep me the first 2 and then when the third one is done I'll buy the set? Money should be more in line by then!

LOL me too please, I'm not paid for another week :(

Well, I'll buy the first 2 in a week, but I'd love the third one as well! (Or else :p)

Can I be honest and say I don't like the colour you've picked, I don't associate bttf with blues, it's always been warmer reddy tones in my view.

Hi becky/ Michael, that's fine, I'll save one back of each for you both.

Thanks Levi for your feedback, I'd do appreciate all comments. I agree it's not a colour immediately associated with BTTF.

I had settled on a black, White and grey palette and I needed a 4th strong colour. Red was either too dull or clashed too much, yellow didn't work, I did consider the orange from my first poster but I wanted something to compliment that rather than copy it. I also wanted a neon style colour to reflect the bright lights and glamour of the year 2015. So there was some careful reasoning behind my choice but I know everyones tastes are different so that's ok with me!

I think companies all over the world have already secretly developed hover boards, flying delorians and self tightening nike sneakers, they are just waiting for 2015 to release them!

Back