• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Back from London!


#5
Welcome back J0GA.

You'd love London a lot less if you lived here. **%(&#'+* transport system!! :mad:

This city f*cks me off on a daily basis!! On a sunny summers day it's the best place in the world though. It's kind of a love/hate relationship for me. :D

Oh and yes Starbucks is great. Hazelnut Lattes FTW!! :)
 

Renniks

Senior Member
#6
I want to live just outside London :) I feel its the lifestyle I've always wanted, yet not the place I've always wanted to live. Sigh :p money could be an issue either way
 

mrp2049

Senior Member
#8
Aarlev said:
Welcome back J0GA.

You'd love London a lot less if you lived here. **%(&#'+* transport system!! :mad:

This city f*cks me off on a daily basis!! On a sunny summers day it's the best place in the world though. It's kind of a love/hate relationship for me. :D

Oh and yes Starbucks is great. Hazelnut Lattes FTW!! :)
I've always said the same thing, great place to visit, but screw living there! Expensive and stressful!

I've spent enough time there through one thing and an other to know, it could be cool to live there, but I still don't really want to!
 

Lunera

Senior Member
#10
Oh London ! =D
I went to London for a week-end few months ago. I really enjoyed this trip. =)
However there are some things that suprised me, compared to Paris (that I know more) :
**in the underground, there are not musicians playing
**On the street, there are not people begging (it's sad to mention this fact, but in Paris or Bordeaux (or other big cities of the country) there are many people begging, even if there are some charities)
**cameras everywhere ! and not hidden at all
**the color of police cars (ah ah)
**there are not too many people walking on the street ^^
**you have to keep your ticket if you want to get out of the underground
 
#17
Lunera said:
**in the underground, there are not musicians playing
**On the street, there are not people begging (it's sad to mention this fact, but in Paris or Bordeaux (or other big cities of the country) there are many people begging, even if there are some charities)
**there are not too many people walking on the street ^^
There are loads of musicians on the underground. What stations were you on? They even have dedicated places where buskers can play in most places.

Try going to Croydon, you'll get people begging every 5 minutes. :) There aren't many beggars in the city centre but plenty in the zones.

Did you go to Oxford St. on a Saturday afternoon or any other day for that matter?? You can't get anywhere for the amount of people on the street. :) Get any train during Rush Hour and you'll be lucky to actually get on the train. :)
 

Renniks

Senior Member
#18
Aarlev said:
There are loads of musicians on the underground. What stations were you on? They even have dedicated places where buskers can play in most places.

Try going to Croydon, you'll get people begging every 5 minutes. :) There aren't many beggars in the city centre but plenty in the zones.

Did you go to Oxford St. on a Saturday afternoon or any other day for that matter?? You can't get anywhere for the amount of people on the street. :) Get any train during Rush Hour and you'll be lucky to actually get on the train. :)
it's a wonderful place :D