Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B****rd f**king email system!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by bigdave, Jun 29, 2011.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I'd been waiting for a quote to come back from a supplier for a couple of days and couldn't understand why they'd not responded so decided to check the junk mail folder. Low and behold, there was the missing quote along with dozens of emails from the past few weeks requesting quotes for design work! It seems that any inquiries coming from my website have been going straight to the junk folder!

I feel sick as I know there will have been more but my Mail deletes junk emails after 30 days!

:icon_cursing:

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

What mail client are you using dude?

3. bigdave

I use Mail (part of OS X) Think its time to change!

4. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Yes, perhaps it is. Is it from a contact form on your site, if so might be worth adding a 'from' address in the $mail headers to make it look less 'spammy' to your inbox.

5. meow

meow Member

Probably not a huge help, but some effort towards damage limitation could be to add a small announcement on your home and contact pages to say 'Sorry, we had a small hiccup with the emails from the form but we're sorted now'. If any of the people you 'ignored' come back they should spot it.

Did you have a particular form script or was it a custom one (I see it's gone now)?

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I use Thunderbird. You can tell it that mail isn't junk when it captures it and it will learn for future. You can also tell it not to delete mail in the junk folder until you tell it.

7. byronc

byronc Member

feeling jealous I am

8. bigdave

Dont! I didnt get any of the jobs (probably because I didnt respond).

9. daytona

daytona Member

I have to say I'm using gmail and find it by far the best browser-based email. I've got it receiving about 3 email addresses and I've got to learn what is spam across the different email addresses (eg. i get Amazon ads to 3 of my emails, so i told gmail that from two of the addresses its spam and from one its not) very customisable.

I have to admit i'm a bit of a Google fanboy, but it hasn't let me down yet :)
    real bummer about the work though!! I'm sure you'll claw it back.

10. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Same :icon_thumbup: ...well apart from being a Google fanboy; I mean I like it but I wouldn't go that far :icon_biggrin:

11. daytona

daytona Member

aha well I'm only classing myself as a fanboy because i just got an invite to google+ today and it seems pretty good! /offtopic

12. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Really? amd what wonders does Google+ offer?

13. daytona

daytona Member

gah sorry to hijack the thread Dave! spottypenguin, basically it's similar to facebook apart from the way you manage contact are in 'circles' so you create circles of people and can only post to those people. The idea is to have a platform where you could post a message to a group of mates, then another to a group of clients and so on. it's all linked in with gmail and stuff too. so you can access important bits from your email etc. when I get some more invites i'll post them on here. /hijack sorry again!