As a logo or graphic designer, would you offer this new service to your clients?

idea01

Hi!

I am considering the launch of a new service that I think would be well aligned with logo designers, helping you earn more from each client by suggesting an additional benefit after your work.

Your feedback as experts is much appreciated: would you offer it if I create it, or not?

"What does the customer get?"

A customized stock photo focused on the their logo. Here is an example:

officelogo-yourbrand.jpg

The customer can select (through an easy web app) the background wall, people passing by and type of plaque in the wall. Then he uploads his logo and in 48 hours receives that customized stock photo featuring the core of his brand.

"Why would he want that?"

Business stock photos are Big business. They are widely used to project a professional, established business image. However, most are generic, boring and you see the same in different companies. If your customer could have a unique taylor made stock photo that communicates the vibe of his brand while making them look sharp - wouldn't that be valuable put in their website or marketing materials?

Benefits:

-Look professional and raise your credibility
-Create the right first impression
-Make your brand's name more memorable

So again the question is:

If I created this service, would you offer this to your clients, as an additional recommendation after you end the logo creation service? You would obviously earn a generous commission for every order - for doing no extra work.

If not, why?

Thanks for the feedback!!

As a 3d designer I'd just do it myself too... That's a 20minutes of 3d work, assuming the 'logo' is supplied in an easily adapted format and a 'motion blurred' stock photo woman over the top.

In case anyone want's to do it themselves you can either contact me or you can just make a plane for the wall, add in a 'box' adjusted to suit the background, some cylinders for the screw heads and then another box with masking for the actual logo.... obviously you need to position to your taste and apply materials. Ideally you would add in some lighting to add shadow and highlights.

I could also set up ready made templates so all I need to do is drop logo in, charge x hours of work and get the full pay rather than just the commission.

Actually you could probably do all that in photoshop's 3d tools now....

EDIT: and these bits contradict each other...
The customer can select (through an easy web app) the background wall, people passing by and type of plaque in the wall. Then he uploads his logo and in 48 hours receives that customized stock photo featuring the core of his brand.
so basically n backgrounds, n people an n plaques which means there is only a finite number of designs - multiple backgrounds by people and plaques to get the total, example 5 each meaning total range of 125 images.

"Why would he want that?"

Business stock photos are Big business. They are widely used to project a professional, established business image. However, most are generic, boring and you see the same in different companies. If your customer could have a unique taylor made stock photo that communicates the vibe of his brand while making them look sharp - wouldn't that be valuable put in their website or marketing materials?
as explained above they may be taylor made but they would not be unique.

Back