As a designer what was the last thing that made you ":)"

S

Sean Lee-Amies

A lot of people in the design world get caught up on the negatives of the job; stupid clients demanding comic sans, drop shadows galore and telling us how to do our jobs, the list goes on. But what about the moments that make you smile, that make you glad to be a designer? It could be anything like a kind comment, glorious praise, clients being uncharacteristically (for a design client) generous with their money, anything you like!
Also, how often would you say you get positive situations like that in comparison to negative ones, such as in the FFS thread? :)

Where there is evil, there will always be good and where there is darkness you will find light.
Bit like designing stuff really. :lol:
Finding out yesterday that I've been featured in a book called "Idea to IPhone"
Deffo a
YAY:)

Found out today that a potentially 5 figure job might be coming off!

YAY! :D

I love it when a client sees things how you see it and takes to each idea you present to them first time, yay!

Tony Hardy said:
Found out today that a potentially 5 figure job might be coming off!

YAY! :D
LET ME HAVE YOUR LIFE. I'm still working in the hundreds lol. I'm waiting until I can work up the courage to ask for more than $1,000 for illustration work. Potential project coming up consists of a cover, feature and spot illys, SO that may be it. :)

Finding out I'll be in Croatia for a week doing live visuals at a festival and I'll be working on a projection mapping for a newish club in Leeds. Its all design-ery :) Plus a few more bits and pieces :D

That all sounds really great guys :) I will have something to post if my 4 figure app project comes through, until then I'll just keep reading all your entries :(

Basic said:
Finding out I'll be in Croatia for a week doing live visuals at a festival and I'll be working on a projection mapping for a newish club in Leeds. Its all design-ery :) Plus a few more bits and pieces :D
Some of that projection mapping looks amazing.
Whats the festival in Croatia?

shaunalynn said:
LET ME HAVE YOUR LIFE. I'm still working in the hundreds lol. I'm waiting until I can work up the courage to ask for more than $1,000 for illustration work. Potential project coming up consists of a cover, feature and spot illys, SO that may be it. :)
To be honest, I'll swap you? You come and live in rainy cold England, I'll come and live in lovely warm America. You can stare at lines of code and I'll draw lovely things :)
Also, with the talent you have, none of your projects should be coming in at less than $1,000. If people don't want to pay, you don't want them as clients anyway! Nobody likes a cheapskate.

balders said:
Some of that projection mapping looks amazing.

Whats the festival in Croatia?
Yeah it'll be a small project but something cool to work on.

A Festival - I'll be doing some nice motiongraphics stuff for it for my reel as well. :)
Edit: dont think I can mention the festival, but will when done.

Tony Hardy said:
To be honest, I'll swap you? You come and live in rainy cold England, I'll come and live in lovely warm America. You can stare at lines of code and I'll draw lovely things :)
Also, with the talent you have, none of your projects should be coming in at less than $1,000. If people don't want to pay, you don't want them as clients anyway! Nobody likes a cheapskate.
Haha fair enough. :) The problem is, no one values illustration. My big project I did last month did. But their budget wasn't very high, so I did make $1,000 from it. :)
I'm looking into getting an agent so I don't have to worry about the pricing. :)

Back