Arundel stamp logo

I did the top example a while ago as a submission for a branding of the irish town of Athy with Peter Anderson Studios, it was not used and it has since rotted in my portfolio. I have since been trying to reuse some of this work to freshen up my website (as it did not seem to fit the style of work of my current website in its present form) so I decided to do it with the intent that it will be used as a stamp and will probably give it to a cafe in Arundel for free when its done.

The logo is made to represent the castle, the river and the bridge. In this version I have built the reflection out of lines to imply its reflecting on the surface but also so it can all be in one color.

I was wondering what people think so far.

Arundel 2.jpg

I really like it. I'm not sure those fine lines will come out too well when created as an actual rubber stamp, I'd be tempted to remove a few and thicken the rest up to be sure. Out of curiosity, how does it look without the dark lines? I feel you could possibly get away with simulating a reflection without them, so long as the 'reflection' is still broken up by the white lines.

I really like it. I'm not sure those fine lines will come out too well when created as an actual rubber stamp, I'd be tempted to remove a few and thicken the rest up to be sure. Out of curiosity, how does it look without the dark lines? I feel you could possibly get away with simulating a reflection without them, so long as the 'reflection' is still broken up by the white lines.

Arundel 2.jpg

I have tried the thicker lines on the left and right side of the page.

I also think it will cook much better without lines. The logo at the top looks the best because it is simple. So maybe it is worth just putting it into the circle?

Yep, definitely works best with white lines and having them horizontally should do the trick. Nice work man!

Back