Artwork Charges - Poster

Hi charles & Tom Sound, thank you very much for the feedback! I think the staff at the bar will be in fancy dress though :(

Hi mrp2049! Not offended at all, I would say 75% is from the Go Media packs, 20% from other vector packs and 5% is my own creation!

I see my talents as being able to pull all of these together, in a way that looks unique, although as you said, the individual vectors aren't unique in themselves, I feel the way they are put together is.

I do feel one day that I want to give back, and create some original vector artwork though.

Cheers again!

MikeButtery said:
Hi mrp2049! Not offended at all, I would say 75% is from the Go Media packs, 20% from other vector packs and 5% is my own creation!

My only advice would be, that some of the elements of your design could be made yourself, and that will immediately make your work more special and individual. One of the risks of using Go Media is they are well known, and it makes your elements noticeable.

Don't get me wrong, I dont disagree with using them, but the more you can make yourself the better. :)

I have a giant pile of books from 1940 and before (I have a series of encyclopedias from 1870!), old photos, random things that are 100+ years old to get elements from. Its loads of fun finding them aswell. They have sooooo many really cool elements that can make your work look amazing.

I totally agree mrp2049, this project literally was a bit of fun. I haven't used illustrator in such a long time , I had an idea, and just wanted to pull it together, this is probably one of the only pieces I have done that is heavy on vector art.

I totally agree with you though, original, custom vectors (and other elements!) are always the way forward, and time allowing, will try and create them, to create that truly original piece.

Thanks for all the feedback guys and gals!

sweet. I'm lucky, there is a place in cardiff called jacobs market, it's an 'antique market', but i would call it a flea market at a push, but they have some awesome things in there.

mrp2049 said:
sweet. I'm lucky, there is a place in cardiff called jacobs market, it's an 'antique market', but i would call it a flea market at a push, but they have some awesome things in there.

ooh my boyfriend told me about the flea market, I'll definitely have to pop there next time I brave Newport :) How is it for books?

Becky said:
ooh my boyfriend told me about the flea market, I'll definitely have to pop there next time I brave Newport :) How is it for books?

there are a few cool bookshops in there, including an awesome comic shop, but the problem is knowing openning days and times. I tend to go down on fridays or saturdays as that is when the record and comic shops are open.

For second hand books, its all about troutmark, i think there is one of them in newport too!

nice one Mike.. i'll remember that next time i'm in that part of Wales :D would be good to have somewhere to get away to :lol:

chrismitchell said:
nice one Mike.. i'll remember that next time i'm in that part of Wales :D would be good to have somewhere to get away to :lol:

i love how much you want to escape your family! they must be scum! (factoring living in port talbot)

mrp2049 said:
there are a few cool bookshops in there, including an awesome comic shop, but the problem is knowing openning days and times. I tend to go down on fridays or saturdays as that is when the record and comic shops are open.

For second hand books, its all about troutmark, i think there is one of them in newport too!

eww zooport :( thanks though, I'll have a nosey round :)

chrismitchell said:
not my family.. they are my brothers in-laws :lol:

indirection familial association is still (ghetto speak) fam-lay.

Becky said:
eww zooport :( thanks though, I'll have a nosey round :)

Don't spend too much time there. I love certain things about newport, but hate most of it!

I love the road out of it :p But my other half works there during the week, so sometimes I have to go there ><

I think I'm just too used to living in the country, I just don't get city life at all :)

works for one of the Structural Engineers, playing with CAD and putting things in Comic Sans to annoy me

We were meant to go see Goldie Lookin' chain at TJs last year for "lolz" but ended up in Revs drinking lol :(

Back