Artificial Intelligence and the future of web and graphic design

bsugar

Hi guys,

I wondered what your thoughts are about AI and our future as web and graphic designers. Do we still have one. WIX already announced their AI web builder which is basically a website that can build a website by the visitor talking to it. It will layout and structure, colour, use correct images and text in minutes. I am sure there will be many more businesses quickly following suite.

Apart from also having the relevant design software in order to compete or going down the SEO and on line marketing routes I feel like coming away from the Digital creative/IT industry as it moves too quickly.

What’s your thoughts. Would be good to hear them. Thanks

So you just tell it what to do and it does it?

WOW. That's AWESOME!

But if a monkey is the one telling it what to do then it's going to be shite anyway. :D

WIX already announced their AI web builder which is basically a website that can build a website by the visitor talking to it.
That not AI. And considering how poor WIX is at doing anything I wouldn't bother with their new website builder.

AI is mostly a myth. It's a marketing buzzword that translates to 'smart technology'. If you do some reading on the academic papers explaining what AI really you will soon realisr that companies claiming to have introduce AI to their products are talking out their backsides.

And considering that a lot of the modern web is built using scripting languages I don't think developers have anything to worry about for a while.

I think WIX wasn't that good once upon a time but they have actually come a very long way. They have a huge chunk of the market. This is one of their promo adverts about their AI Design

Personally I welcome our overlord Skynet.... or the machines from the Matrix, oh wait we're not supposed to know we're already in that VR environment...

I think WIX wasn't that good once upon a time but they have actually come a very long way.
No they haven't. Wix is still pants and only has 1% market share of known content management systems

And that video is not AI. Like I said, AI is being used as a marketing buzzword.

The sort of business that would use a site builder, albeit an 'AI' one or a standard drag 'n' drop, are not the target market for the vast majority of design and web businesses. Same with businesses that just download a Wordpress theme or template and use that, they were never going to spend hundreds or thousands on something bespoke, so I likely won't lose any sleep over it.

Using wix at the moment for a site and it's not bad - but they get you at the "if you want it to do extra things you have to pay a bit extra" and it all adds up. Should've just hired a damn web designer/developer.

Once you have built your wix site you can't switch themes they way you can on WP - you are stick with the template you began with. Nor do you have access to the huge range of plugins you find on WP. Core SEO is still almost non existent and the code remains yuk. Most wix sites score around 20/100 on the Google speed test - because of the awful code.

AI has been applied to various industries and has improved functionality and enhanced efficiency. What does AI have to offer for the future in web designing? Can AI solve the personalization issue that web designers can’t keep up with? These are the questions in my mind but after reading the article my thoughts are clear. You can Read here about Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Web Design in depth.

AI in web development is not a myth but a reality. As every technology has its own pros and cons likewise AI has more positive side than a negative one.
For example, AI can be used in web development for voice search optimization. This, in turn, helps businesses and companies offer better search result on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not what this thread was about.

And voice search isn’t AI. It’s not even machine learning. AI is being used as a marketing buzzword by people who have no idea what it means.

Back