Armadillo new website

Berry said:
also I run the risk of getting our staff poached and them feeling that they should all have pay rises and directorships! Gotta keep the labour breaking rocks in the field!

Actually, thats a good point, theres a few agencies in the area that have removed staff images / profiles from their sites recently.

Chris Lord said:
That's because Berry poached them...

Everyone knows I poach people...also boil them, fry them, roast them, grill them, do them on spit, smoke them and also eat them raw ( which is my favourite!)

Nice to see that you keep your cooking options open Berry :p

Berry said:
Everyone knows I poach people...also boil them, fry them, roast them, grill them, do them on spit, smoke them and also eat them raw ( which is my favourite!)

You were very careful not to say 'spit roast them' :D

Back on topic!

- I like the new footer, much more balanced

- I would put the social icons down in the footer - they're not that important that they should impose on your own logo

- Price match guarantee?! *cringe*

Chris Lord said:
I prefer this to version two, although it has less personality! A few small points for me would be:

- Moving the social icons as initially I associated them with the button 'Resources' (well, I didn't notice that it was part of the navigation until I ended up on that page!)
Agreed. Would be better in a less prominent position in my opinion.

Chris Lord said:
- Small thing but maybe make the black on roll-over a little darker. Some images it's hard to read the small blurb.
Agreed again, just a tad darker to make it a little easier on the eye.

Chris Lord said:
- I feel there is a little too much kerning in your main intro text.
Agreed, I think it would be better a little 'tighter'.

Romack said:
The 'what we do section' has a big gap in the side menu... may be Safari being a nugget. Also you could make more of the images for each section you click on, the swiss knife is big and uses the space well, whereas when you click through to a section, the images seem a little dainty and there's a big bit of white space on the right.

I think that's my twenty pence worth :)

I think that the footer could do with a few 'pixel' touches, just to link it into the main content. Also, seems odd to have so much padding at the bottom of footer.

On the 'SERVICES', 'CREDS', 'CONTACT' & 'BLOG' section, I think it would look a bit better if the bottom of the 'BLOG' section lines with the bottom of the other three. At the moment on Chrome 13 beta it isn't, the border-bottom and 'read now' are higher than the other three. Maybe shove a min-height or the like on that so it all lines up.

Other than that it looks really good.

It's nice to see so much input and constructive criticism being taken very well.

It could well be that the new site is partly a website designed by committee, but in a good way.

It's good to see the community in action :)

BTW, i never said get rid of the knife, i just said the other images should be more prominent, like the knife :)

Back