Argos have rebranded...

tim

Thoughts?

argos_logo_header.gif

argos.gif

i quite like it!

much more swish and clean, and not so chunkeh.

not that i'll ever shop there ever again though,just looks nicer :p

I don't like it... I think the g and s should've connected to the swoosh and I don't like the shape of the A. The old logo also resembles a smile, while the new one doesn't.

I have no idea what Argos does but I'm gonna go for a food factory or something.

Are alot of stores no re branding themselves? One I was only just recently as in, last week was the re branding of a shoe store chain here in the states called "Payless Shoe Source"

Left is the old, Right is the new:
payless_logo.gif

Have to say the old one was not all that pretty, but of course they probably had that since the 80s maybe. However Im not so sure I like the new one either. I recognize the P in the logo but the light blue L is just more like a swish. Though it looks like they've changed the layout and look of their stores too. I wonder why they decided to go with a circular logo.

I prefer the old argos logo, and feel the smile doesn't make me think happy, it makes me think annoying smile.

(@Onartis, the top one is the new one)

Questions to consider students.........
1. Why has Argos rebranded?
2. What was the objective?
3. Why spend that much money on a rebrand? - is it to make the company attractive to potential buyers?
4. It's not about liking logo's........
5. The question is not if you like the new rebrand, but why we have it.......

Supposedly the rebrand was due to the expansion of argos' services since their last rebrand.

They also have a new slogan "helping you live for less"

This could be out of fears of going bust and a new front will rejuvenate and allow for a boost in trading again.

EDIT: I assume you didn't want actual answers and they are rhetorical questions to think about with regarding the rebrand, and with everything that happens you should question it. OCD like analysis = good :)

Get the calculators out.

Over 700 stores = signage costs of about £12m minimum
Brochures = don't even want to guess at that.......
Advertising & PR ????????

My guess it's the thick end of £30m+

That can only be of value to a potential sale value.

Expect new owners.

I think the new one does look like a smile and it looks cleaner but i didnt like the old one anyway. it needed a re-brand but i think they could have done better.

TomStutt said:
I think the new one does look like a smile and it looks cleaner but i didnt like the old one anyway. it needed a re-brand but i think they could have done better.

It looks like a petrol station logo to me, somewhere in Eastern Europe. :)

ooh i'm not sure about it. I was first going to write "Is it new?". But then saw you had wrote the top one was the new one! It reminds me of Findus and Colgate hmm... prob just the same colours.

allyally2k said:
It reminds me of Findus and Colgate hmm... prob just the same colours.

lol, It made me think of Colgate too.. can't figure out why but i'm glad i'm not the only one!

I read somewhere that the last rebrand was in 1999 and this new image was to bring Argos back up to date and show that it's a dynamic and exciting business. Hmmm

Im not a logo genius or anything, but I could of done that for a million times less money than they probably paid!
It sucks and its boring and its pointless. Disapointed.

i think it's easy to say that, but when you get a brief of "make it simpler, but still obvious who it is" - i bet it's a difficult brief.

probably really easy to over complicate it or make it way too simple.

Back