Are you handy with WP?

HippySunshine

I've been asked to create a basic HTML website for an upcoming music event.
Now they have asked for a blog to be on the main page.

Im no wizard with wordpress and not sure I could do this part of the job for the client so was wondering if there is any wordpress wizzes out there that would help out on the blog side of things and what your cost would be?

Thanks

While doing research to try and come up with a clever response I have learnt that wp actually stands for word processing or word processor. Fascinating.

So... failing to come up with a clever response:
I've only worked with Wordpress twice, which was back when it was still WP 2.7 or 2.8 (we're on 3.0 now) but I can only imagine it being the same to this day, which means 'not particularly hard'. Some basic knowledge of PHP will take you a long way, and there really are tens of.... dozens* of good tutorials on implementing your design in WP.

Keep in mind you might need to alter your design a little to make things a tad easier for you.

Here are some links to get you started:
Theme Development WordPress Codex
How To Create WordPress Themes From Scratch Part 1 » Themetation
WPDesigner.com So you want to create WordPress themes huh?

* Who picked up on that?

Im currently designing my new portfolio in WP as it is a useful content management system. I havnt the first clue what im doing tbh but im learning as i go, thinking i may just modify a open source template so i can learn as i go

I can help Hipster! Give me a holla if you like, good luck with you have found someone tho. let us see the end product :)

HippySunshine said:
I've been asked to create a basic HTML website for an upcoming music event.
Now they have asked for a blog to be on the main page.

Im no wizard with wordpress and not sure I could do this part of the job for the client so was wondering if there is any wordpress wizzes out there that would help out on the blog side of things and what your cost would be?

Thanks

Andy (tbwcf) is a top wordpress wizard that helped me a lot. He knows his stuff.

Hey thanks all for your comments and offers to help.
Im just waiting forthe client to get back to me with a few more details and in the mean time im doing a lot off reading up and playing around with WP myself so I will keep you all updated.

Thanks again and hope you all had/still having a fab weekend regardless of the rain. x

Back