Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these two logo's any good?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by lcotto98, Feb 17, 2012.

1. lcotto98

lcotto98 New Member

Are these two graphics any good? Please tell me what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Boss Hog

Boss Hog Administrator Staff Member

Sorry but in a word no, they aren't very good and remind me of the sorts of graphics you would find online in the late 90s, sorry.

3. lcotto98

lcotto98 New Member

Like I said, they are just quick ones I made, how would you suggest I make better ones?

4. Boss Hog

Boss Hog Administrator Staff Member

The same way in which you would want to be brain surgeon, or fly a plane. Study, train, practice, there is no quick route to being a graphic designer.

5. lcotto98

lcotto98 New Member

Ok, Thanks for your help.

6. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

What Boss Hogg said.

7. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Start from scratch.

Read up on some theory about logo design and work through the fundamental basics i.e. it still works in black and white, it's vectored and so on.

If you want to apply any effects then do so when it comes to the application of your logo wherever, not whilst still in the design stage.

Have a look through something like this and then compare it to what you've done for the above examples, see how it goes.

8. lcotto98

lcotto98 New Member

Guys, What does "Vector" Mean?

9. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Shameless plug, but even so, have a look. If you don't even know what a vector is then really you ought to do some reading and studying before even trying to start creating things I feel.

10. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

That says it all. Go and learn some stuff. Most of us did three or four years of college, numerous work placements, then years in industry to learn what we know. And we're still learning. I spent my first year at college drawing, learning to see, learning the theory. Then we were allowed to try designing logos. And they were still shit.