Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Warranty! Can it be beaten?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, Jul 2, 2009.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Evening,

This is just a quick heads up on how good Apple Warranty really is!

I have had my Macbook, the standard white basic model one for just under 2 years. In this time the case around the keyboard has aquried a small crack after about 6 months use from where the dimples from the top of the screen touch when it is closed.

Now it has had the top cover replaced 3 times before so this time it was going to be its 5th case. Ok design fault i know, so when asked Apple what they would do as didn't want it just replaced expected maybe free ipod or something.

NO! They not only upgraded to a NEW 13" Macbook PRO, BUT they didn't even give me the standard model, instead upgrading me to the top end Macbook Pro 13"!

So from the Basic Spec Macbook White from 2 years ago with small crack to this! Sorry but when had cracked issues with clients laptops both Dell and HP, been told it comes with heavy use and told me it can be repaired at a cost.

Apple have always replaced case for free and now this!

Picture below to show it

[​IMG]

Anyway, moto is you get what you pay for! It would deff put me in better stead to recommend apple products, and also nice to be kept upto date via email & phone with how the support case is going.

Laters

Craig

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Way to go Tim! :up:
    It's all thanks to you that Craig could get this fixed.

3. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Trying to get him sacked :lol:

4. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Sounds like they actually take care of their customers unlike alot of companies. nice of you to point this out! :)

5. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

When you pay good price for a laptop then you will get a good customer service. I bet Dell will tell you to FCUK off!

6. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Not really; I bought a Dell about 6 years ago (still have the computer to date!) and within weeks of it arriving it kept shutting down and becoming slower.
    Rang them, explained the problem, went through the usual troubleshooting - no joy, so they arranged a local 'pc mechanic' to come around. He came within days, replaced the faulty RAM and cost me nothing. Only downside is your not speaking to anyone in the UK which is slightly frustrating....

7. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

Haha................india probably, they're meant to replace it outright. Is it still working though because dell is just a nightmare for me.

8. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

I have the exact same problem with my MacBook.. But I'm just too lazy to get it sorted..
    It's all pickles.

9. tim

tim Senior Member

that's a problem with the plastic isnt it?

just walk into the store and say what happened and they fix it for ya.

10. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Things like this are usually to good to be true . . . .

Well not this time, new Macbook Arrived and am still in shock! Such a sweet looking device!

Apple really have excelled on CS here!

Captainrage - Apple were saying it was "rare" for the case to break, guess most people just get on with it making it better for those who do complain! Might be worth getting it repaired?

[​IMG]

11. tim

tim Senior Member

you are a client of Apple

12. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

That's bad publicity Tim... you're not supposed to say he's lucky. You're supposed to say "you are a client of Apple" :p

13. tim

tim Senior Member

i did.

14. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Last edited by tim-ater; 13 Minutes Ago at 11:30 PM.

15. tim

tim Senior Member

i disbelieve you thoroughly

16. come on guys, can't we all just get along :p :lol:

17. tim

tim Senior Member

we do get along, we're just playing (no sexual pun intended)

18. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Bets are still on for the first DF marriage being none other than Tomato and Gary :D

19. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Okay, I'll be moving to a country where gay marriage is illegal :down:

20. tim

tim Senior Member

i'm opposed to the marriage as i'm not GAY!