Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple TV users (or Tim :p)

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Levi, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Got a mate who wants to get iplayer (itv/channel 4/5 a bonus), netflix and love film streaming onto a tv that doesn't have it built in.

First idea was samsung smart blu ray player (what I have) but that doesn't support netflix AND love film on the cheaper models, second thought was roku, western digital and apple tv etc, the first two don't appear to support netflix AND love film. :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm if the apple tv supports netflix AND lovefilm (plus others if possible)

I've got no need for an apple tv as I've got a htpc (better for my needs) instead so my knowledge of what it has built in/available is limited so need some info from those in the know... yes Tim that likely means you :p

Tim, to sweeten the deal I even helped him set up the wireless tethering between his ipad and iphone 4s today... he was swapping the sim all the time :rolleyes:

If any other alternatives are out there I'm open to suggestions, preferably as cheap as possible :)
    Evitoetty and AstonaAppeade like this.
  2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

it's not so much iplayer that's the issue, it's trying to get both netflix and lovefilm on the same device... seriously it's stupid how most just seem to support one or the other
  4. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

I use a PS3 and both Netflix & Lovefilm are support. I also get to play GTA whenever I'm feeling a bit of rage.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

Apple TV is netflix but no lovefilm. not iPlayer supported either.

get a Wii or a PS3/XBOX. can find second hand ones around prices of new Apple TV nowadays.
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I just use my PS3. Simples.
  7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

With the new OS I think you can do full desktop mirroring through an updated Apple TV so you can get iplayer, netflix or lovefilm on your mac and stream to your TV
  8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Xbox 360?
  9. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

If you can put up with the whirring of the fans yes :D
  10. How do you set this up cos I've got Apple TV, which I watch Netflix, Flickr, etc on, and an HP laptop? I can stream stuff via iTunes through airplay but how'd you set up the mirroring?
  11. tim

tim Senior Member

@ inspiringprint

it's Mac + 10.8 only, unfortunately.

and i doubt very much PCs will ever get official support for it.
  12. tobey_maguire

tobey_maguire New Member

Are the earlier versions of mac support these?