Apple projector cable advice

berry

This is most probably for Timmy boy.

Don' t normally do projected presentations but I now need a cable for a laptop Macbook pro to this projector to show presentation

what is it I'm looking for and where?

16hqhxf.jpg

The old iBooks used to ship with those cables, I dunno if they still do but you should have a wee hunt around in the macbook box just in case.

it does depend on the macbook pro, the older ones still had the dvi socket (where a simple dvi to vga would work), the newer ones have the display port :)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

it's about a 16 month old

Before you whip up your creditcard, Berry.
Bought this to hook up my old mac mini to my new sony 32" TV. Nothing in the description above mentions the length- dont be fooled by the little cross hatching in the photo- this is not a CABLE; it is a 5 inch long ADAPTOR. Nothing wrong with the product itself, just the description. The Apple store currently doesnt offer an all in one DVI to VGA cable. (By the way the Belkin DVI to VGA CABLE that I bought from PC world works fine with the high def TV- my mac mini has never looked so cool. Not quite as sharp as a native DV output but perfectly good enough for BBC iPlayer, email and internet etc)

Unless you want to ignore this and put it on your rant off blog :p

You simply need a VGA cable and you should have the adaptor with your laptop to convert the VGA cable to DVI to be able to connect to your MacBook :D

Back