Apple Mac equipment, any help much appreciated?

katieksli

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to invest into a mac, I've always had a PC but it's time to get one :) and if you could email any suggestions or recommendation where to get one from at a good rate that'll be great, pretty please? (nod)

Or if you could provide me with a spec that you're working with again very much appreciated :D

Need it to handle Adobe Creative Suite CS4/5, software Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver aka the whole lot really.

I'm thinking at least 8GB RAM or that too small? Any expert recommend on the processors/graphics card required?

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Katie

4gb or even 3gb would handle all that perfectly fine.
8gb wouldn't hurt if you want to put the money in though.

My iMac only has 3gb as well, I don't think there was anything better at the time when I bought it. There was an update shortly after I bought it, so fail for me :(

I recently upgraded my iMac to 3GB and it zips along with Photoshop, Illustrator, iTunes, Safari, and a bunch of other things all running at once.

Maxed out my imac to 4GB first day I got it. Ran like a dream for the first few days... and for ever since then :)

I just got the 21" entry level imac with 4gb RAM and it easily handles everything you will be running.

Recently had a photoshop file 700 MB and didn't give me any hassle.

BTW John Lewis offer 2 years free warranty, and they are slightly cheaper than buying direct from Apple.

When I got my Mac it was £949 at John Lewis, £969 with Apple.

Just checked and looks like they have upped the price since then.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the tips am looking at a very nice iMac right now :D great responses, much appreciated.(nod):up:

Woohoo! Purchase button clicked! Done it! Gave into the peer pressure... :clap::dfshirt: 27 inch iMac on its way :D

I'm a little teapot.
Enjoy the world of Mac Katie. Damn that screens bigger than my tv...

Back