Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Fan Boy Cult!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, May 17, 2011.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

We have spotted Tim in an Apple crowd before, remember? He was so proud of it :D
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I remember that Ha!
    I was at the opening of the Apple store in Newcastle.
    The staff are just off their tits with wooop...I'm a big Apple fan but come on.
    Someone should remind them that we British don't act like that. Pip pip.

It a strange anti climax these openings because after all the woop woop and count down...hi f@*cking 5s and the like. There's just a shop with nice computers and stuff in.
    Most of it you already have or played with.

I got a smart T shirt though which was nice.
    Then I went home and played with the same computer I had just played with in the store.

Happy dayz.

I don't get out much.
    and I don't woop! or high 5.

Get away from me you weirdos.
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

and you say I have my top button done up all the time :rolleyes:
  5. Thewholehogg

fair point.

I'm off to iron my underwear now...
  6. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

This is funny! sooo amusing!
  7. Russell

Russell Member

Was actually an entertaining an quite informative programme from BBC3, I'm amazed. Not a pregnant/ chavvy/ rich/ asbo/ fat/ self obsessed teenager with a drug addiction or some sort of 'social issue' in sight. Truly a first for BBC3 factual programming.
  8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

dont forget the starch!
  9. richimgd

richimgd Member

I actually quite liked the program.
    Its crazy how Apple get people so excited to queue up for so long and travel from so far away to visit a store. Cant help but thinking some of these people are well and truely brainwashed!
    The microsoft advertising was shockingly bad also. What were they thinking :p

The guy playing Xbox while explaining what he thought Google / Facebook / Apple (etc) would be like if they were real people was well funny.
  10. Thewholehogg

Liking what you did there Greg.
  11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

This :up:
  12. goathead

goathead Member

Fan boys make me ashamed to own Macintoshes sometimes...the whoop whooping made me cringe.

On another note, Lion is one OS I really don't want to own has anyone seen the previews? why would I want my apps on a splash screen like the iPad when they are all already down their in the dock...GUI fail in my book.
  13. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Yeah I'm also not thrilled by Lion, not by the new UI and not by the whole mission control thing :/
  14. richimgd

richimgd Member

Although it looks neat, it seems like its becoming a OS for noobs since it assumes you don't understand the concept of closing apps you don't need to have open to conserve memory, saving your work which would be incredibly helpful for the computer illiterate, but totally pointless for your average pro mac user. I'd be interested to see how reliable an osx lion system will be with the 'Resume' feature. Having to restart would normally require closing and saving all open apps so to do this without would save a lot of time. Versions sound neat also, but again a lot of the time you wont need extra versions of everything (goodbye hard drive space!). I don't like to use automatic features such as auto save since I like to control exactly when I save things in case the feature fails or saves at an inappropriate time during my workflow.

Cant criticise Apple too much for the innovation though. I guess you can easily switch unwanted features off.
  15. goathead

goathead Member

I think I will put it on the laptop and see how it goes before putting it on the big mac.

Resume just sort of scares me, I'm a bit like yourself I like to save when I like...and also run around the office kicking bins and swearing when I forget to. :)
  16. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you lot moaning about os-x lion keep forgetting that there is only the 'apple' way of doing things, you are now becoming the 1984 advert personified (and not the one in lycra) :p
  17. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

No, you're just a poopypants! :cry:

But you're probably right though :)