Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple App Store....

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Thewholehogg, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

:)So what do you think?
  2. Waiting till tonight as it needs a restart and I'm on a roll.

I feel I'm soon going to be straightjacketed into only using software from the App Store... let's see.
  3. Thewholehogg

I like being able to buy 'bits' of iLife11 and not bad prices to boot.
    I know Apple will, as you say straightjacket and spoon feed us app tit bits....but I kinda like it.

Angry Birds isn't working though. I didn't buy it just read the reviews.
  4. Is there free stuff on there? Kinda approved shareware/freeware or open-source?
  5. Thewholehogg

Yup, free stuff...woohhoo!
  6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Restarting as we speak.
  7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

You should've named this topic The Mac App Store, Typo. When I first read this i didn't even know they'd done such a thing and thought "apple app store, yeah and?" Makes sense that they would. But nothing happens when I touch the monitor...
  8. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well the top bar makes no sense. Not only is it different from all other apps, it just doesn't look right.
    The interface itself looks ok; it has that Apple feel to it, but it doesn't have that finished touch that the iTunes store has.

Concerning the apps itself I can't quite make a judgement myself yet, but I've already read a few blog posts and even a dedicated tumblog to poorly designed apps featured in the store.

All in all, I prefer Bodega, which after all has been around for quite a while now.
  9. CTL Designs

CTL Designs Member

I like it :)
  10. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Anyone tried SketchBook Pro?
  11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I have on windows, I quite liked it, preferred it over corel painter.