Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apparently I own, Graphic Design Forums.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by ARRIVALS, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I received this funny little email this evening.
    ____

Hi,

I'm Sara, contributor to a site called personalinjuryattorney.org--founded as a consumer protection resource to help lay people make informed decisions when pursuing a personal injury lawsuit and prevent them from being taken advantage of.

Would you consider adding personalinjuryattorney.org to your website's list of resources?

Personalinjuryattorney.org exists solely as an objective third-party to inform the public about the process of hiring a personal injury attorney and pursuing a personal injury case. We hope to arm the public with the information they need to make educated decisions.

I'd like to ask if you'd review personalinjuryattorney.org, and if you agree that it's a valuable resource, perhaps consider adding a link to it from your site graphicdesignforums.co.uk?

Thanks for your time,

Sara Witt
    Blogger | Owner
    Personal Injury Attorney

___

Woo go me! :icon_thumbup:

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that, was that via the forum or direct via your website?

3. ARRIVALS

Directly to my email strangely. My website is down at the moment so couldn't have been through that, so I guess must have come through the forum. No idea how. No problem though. Do I get a % of any advertising money made?!

4. Stationery Direct

What was the subject line as it would say username @ Graphic Design Forums if it had come from the forum.

5. ARRIVALS

The subject was - Question about your site.

Looks like she picked me out and came to me directly. :icon_thumbup:

6. Stationery Direct

Actually, just realised you have your e-mail address in your signature :icon_eek: that's where it came from, would remove that a.s.a.p if I was you, or you will just get loads of spam in time.

7. ARRIVALS

Oh right. So some sort of spambot picked my email out of the signature? Nasty.

8. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I receive these now anad again - file them with the your Santander account has been hacked emails.

9. richimgd

richimgd Member

Yeah - they trawl the net and anything the resembles an email address will be added onto a big list and you'll get all kinds of junk sent to you. Its the risk you've got when it comes to putting your email address on any open web page such as this forum.

10. Stationery Direct

Yeah even on websites I would recommend a form with captcha instead of a mailto: email address.

11. ARRIVALS

Oh so I'm not the only one that receives messages from Santander, Barclays, Halifax and every other banking organisation out there. Good to know. :icon_thumbup: