Apparel Work

DOOOM

Thought it would be cool to post up one of my recently printed designs! Would be nice to see the other designers on the forum post up their apparel work too!

6267879240_70b3095670_o.jpg

This is cool, I'm sure I seen something of a similar design but printed on a rug or some sort of wall tapestry but either way it looks nice so well done!

I have done some shirts in the past, but nothing like this! Looks nice.
Mine are usually one color prints that I do with the bare minimum screen printing equipment, more of a hobby. haha

Once I designed the name of a friend of mine to be printed on her T-shirt. The result was quite impressive and I did think that T-shirt design is a very creative business.

The patterns remind me of something, but I can't for the life of me remember what.
I designed the T-shirts worn at my best mate's stag weekend. Here's the design.
It took place in Birmingham, 2010. And he's from Newcastle, loves real ale, and married an american lass and moved there.

mockup.jpg

Jimlad said:
The patterns remind me of something, but I can't for the life of me remember what.
Native American carpet, or Mexican blanket maybe?
stock-photo-colorful-native-american-rug-closeup-background-texture-5238172.jpg

That's what I get from it anyways.

Also your's is very funny, I like the antlers hehe

Thanks Webian! Aye James I think you're right with the carpet, thanks also. I had fun doing it and it was a total surprise to all involved so it went down a storm!

JamesBrentwood said:
Haha, well I'm totally in the dark now! :confused:

In Italy if one has antlers/horns, it means that his girlfriend or wife is betraying him. I found that very disappointing. One of the first things I learnt when I came here; when an idiot mimicked the horn symbol with his hand and my Italian friends explained what it meant. He was a total stranger and drove away immediately, so it didn't mean anything, but I didn't like it. I suppose it's like "wanker" in English, but obviously worse. Plus I had some fun hats with antlers when I was small and I loved them, so you can imagine how I hate that expression.

WEBIAN said:
In Italy if one has antlers/horns, it means that his girlfriend or wife is betraying him. I found that very disappointing. One of the first things I learnt when I came here; when an idiot mimicked the horn symbol with his hand and my Italian friends explained what it meant. He was a total stranger and drove away immediately, so it didn't mean anything, but I didn't like it. I suppose it's like "wanker" in English, but obviously worse. Plus I had some fun hats with antlers when I was small and I loved them, so you can imagine how I hate that expression.

Interesting! I love little information like this, it's always fun to know how different cultures will respond to different things.

Yes, it is interesting to discover the way in which different cultures have different expressions. For example "wanker" means nothing to the Italians, apart from its primary meaning. And "Eat" if used to mean "sex" makes them feel sick.

Back