Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Using 960 grid?

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by Border, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Border

Border New Member

Hi guys, I have been using 960 grid system. but I am having an issue with the size of the containers not changing. If I link a div wrap for a page to have container of 12 16 or 24 the size will not change.

Take a look at the site that I did to see what I mean.

It is very strange.

I have the entire page in a

<div class="wrap container_24">
    If it is either 12 16 or 24 the size of the page will not change.
  2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

The 960 grid you have used is a static width (960px wide) layout. If you change the number of 'boxes' in there it just squeezes more boxes into the available width. You might wanna try a fluid grid system such as Foundation Foundation: The Most Advanced Responsive Front-end Framework from ZURB (beware the lack of IE8 support on version 4!!!) or perhaps this one Responsive Web Design just got Easier with the Responsive Grid System which I have played around with before and seems to work OK. A grid is no substitute for coding your own stuff IMO but they can be quick and effective for development - if a little bloated at times.