Anyone use WP boiler plates?

bigdave

I'm building a site for a client that they've requested be built on WP. I have the site in a static form locally and am aware that its possible to have a wp site which consists of little more than index, header, sidebar & css but that defeats the object of having a site on a blogging platform and doesn't really meet the clients needs (they need a blog). With that In mind I've been looking at the steps required to develop the currently static mockup into a complete theme which will allow them to blog, add pages etc..

In my quest to learn, I've come across a few wp boilerplate's which seem to be quite useful, specifically the html5blank theme. It seems to cut out a good chunk of the donkey work but I wondered has anyone used this type of theme/boilerplate before? Are they a good way to get a site up?

Cheers

I'm building a site for a client that they've requested be built on WP. I have the site in a static form locally and am aware that its possible to have a wp site which consists of little more than index, header, sidebar & css but that defeats the object of having a site on a blogging platform and doesn't really meet the clients needs (they need a blog). With that In mind I've been looking at the steps required to develop the currently static mockup into a complete theme which will allow them to blog, add pages etc..

In my quest to learn, I've come across a few wp boilerplate's which seem to be quite useful, specifically the html5blank theme. It seems to cut out a good chunk of the donkey work but I wondered has anyone used this type of theme/boilerplate before? Are they a good way to get a site up?

Cheers

I have moved on from Wordpress. Its a great CMS. I have found a nice CMS called Perch. Nice and simple.

Having spent 12 hours yesterday, working with the html5blank boilerplate, I can confirm that it takes a lot of the heartache out of preparing the squillion files needed successfully develop a theme on wordpress. It's not without it's faults and I'm not sure I could be easily encouraged to build another WP theme but it served its purpose.

Back