Anyone had experience with WP-Commerce

furto

I am working on a site called x factor computers and i have been using wordpress along with WP-ecommerce to create it. I have found it to be an EXCELLENT e commerce solution if your site isnt too complicated. VERY customisable, however there is one thing i cant seem to customise, simply because i cannot find where it is!

Here is the redout of css styles used on the site. It is these styles that i cannot find in any files anywhere. I do not know how to edit them, and as soon as i can i can finish this site off! Would really appreciate any help!

Embedded Styles from X Factor Computers

div.default_product_display div.textcol{
margin-left: 126px !important;
_margin-left: 63px !important;
min-height: 88px;
_height: 88px;
}

div.default_product_display div.textcol div.imagecol{
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left: 0px;
margin-left: -126px !important;
}

div.default_product_display div.textcol div.imagecol a img {
width: 116px;
height: 88px;
}

div.single_product_display div.textcol{
margin-left: 170px !important;
_margin-left: 85px !important;
min-height: 120px;
_height: 120px;
}

div.single_product_display div.textcol div.imagecol{
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left: 0px;
margin-left: -170px !important;
}

div.single_product_display div.textcol div.imagecol a img {
width: 160px;
height: 120px;
}

div#categorydisplay{
display: block;
}

div#branddisplay{
display: none;
}

div#sliding_cart{
display: block;
}

Ahh yeah, i used that a while ago, i'll have to look to find where they are.. i'll be a few minutes :)

ahh now i thought you were using a plug in for wordpress called wp-e-commerce.. are you using the plug-in or the theme WP-Commerce?

my only reason for asking, is that in the plug in there are loads of CSS files and none of them have any of that CSS in it.. just thought i would make sure that it was the plug in not the theme.

Yer i have looked through all the files too! If you look at my site and view the source you will see it included in the head. That happens because of the wordpress template tag wp_head.

hmmm then it might be somewhere in the wordpress CSS for your template... Do you have any other CSS files within the wordpress (from other installs of plug ins or previous version of Wordpress).

Do you use firebug extension for firefox at all? Because I've found it to be invaluable for editing style sheets and getting to the problem quickly with its inline editing of css.
This might help you out.

Yeah I do you use firebug and I have used its inline editing to changes this CSS and i cn see that it is the styles i need to change to achieve what i want. But where it is actually located for editing, I have no idea.

Not sure what you are using for coding, but in Dreamweaver, when you Find something (Ctrl + F, apple + F) you can select the folder of thr website on your computer.
So you could try searching one of the css styles, and it'll search every single file in that folder for you; instead of going through it manually, page by page.

Ive ended up finding em and being able to do what i wanted. Only problem now is after a few days of work on it, i tested it in IE and its not pretty :p. Thanks for the dreamweaver tip though, that will def come in handy later on. Although im beginning to only use a text editor to try and get away from wysiwyg.

Back