Anyone got a good back up routine?

I have an office server with thee disks in a raid format that everything gets stored onto. I then have backup software that backs everything up to a seperate internal disk.

Finally this is then mirrored offsite via a VPN to another server.

Paranoid? Absolutely but I have everything covered from accidental deletion to disk failure and theft/fire.

If you want to be really safe then consider a home server.
HP's MediaSmart Server for your home
My studio is next door to my house so I have the server in the house.
This makes me feel ultra safe as the only way I think things will go really tits up is if the studio and the house both burn down.
The home server automatically backs up my PCs and my Mac throughout the day.
PC setup was a piece of cake but mac was a bit more difficult but the support team at HP helped me through my problems.
I have had this for 5 months now and it has put my mind at rest completely.
If I have any problems now it will just be a case of buying a new hard drive and a bit of time to get things copied onto that drive.
Whereas before I had a big problem that cost me a fair bit of money and a load of time getting the data off a faulty hard drive.
I thoroughly recommend this solution to anyones back-up/archive issues.

FatBoyTim

Hello,

I've started using this new software called Oops. (Time Machine Backup Software for Windows 7, Vista & XP - Includes Desktop Continuous Data Protection and Version Control. Recover Deleted Files and go back in time to recover documents and files).

After trying out about 6 different programs I stumbled upon this and tried it out. As a trial version is destroyed all the other ones i previously tried so i thought: What the hell let me buy this thing.

It works amazingly, it has the file versioning like in Time Machine and it's simple to use. I would suggest buying an external hard drive and trying this software out. Keeps everything organised really nicely and it's happened many times before where i would be working on a file and mess something up so badly i can't fix it after overwriting it. Luckily for the different versions of a file saved i managed to go back in time and restore it.

Hope this was helpful. x

Back