Any one used instantprint.co.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Dog

Firstly hello everyone!!
I stumbled across this forum searching for reviews on instantprint. | Flyer & Leaflet Printing with 24hr Dispatch but the search option didn't come back with anything.
So has anyone used them before?
Only that they are offering very cheap prices for their leaflets etc
150 GSM 5000 A5 leaflets for a total price of £60 including delivery seems very cheap which makes me wonder. Compared to BUSINESS CARDS UK - PRINTING AND TEMPLATE DESIGNS ONLINE - BeanPrint which would cost me £225.49 :icon_eek:

Firstly hello everyone!!
I stumbled across this forum searching for reviews on instantprint. | Flyer & Leaflet Printing with 24hr Dispatch but the search option didn't come back with anything.
So has anyone used them before?
Only that they are offering very cheap prices for their leaflets etc
150 GSM 5000 A5 leaflets for a total price of £60 including delivery seems very cheap which makes me wonder. Compared to BUSINESS CARDS UK - PRINTING AND TEMPLATE DESIGNS ONLINE - BeanPrint which would cost me £225.49 :icon_eek:

Any one?.....

For a start they are just TOO cheap for a fast service. I can buy flyers on an Express Service (5k A5s) for a few quid more than that, OK they take 4 days but I have NEVER had an issue with the guys I use. A quick google of their reviews doesn't inspire me with confidence:

www.InstantPrint.co.uk - Newcastle - Photography Shops

Thanks for the reply.
Yea thought they was too cheap but could'nt find any reviews. Thanks for that.

Yeaa saw this last nite when i registered. Thought it was a good offer.
Just a quick question if i send you the artwork will i be sent a proof to see how it will be printed exactly?

Sorry we don't send proofs, you need to be supplying press ready PDF's.

Sorry we don't send proofs, you need to be supplying press ready PDF's.
Few questions before i order.
Ok it shouldn't really be a problem because i have had the same pdf file flyer printed by beanprint not long ago..?
But if you know its not going to print right you will let me know so i can rectify it right?
Whats meant by orders are dispatched completely plain cover?
Same price for double sided and single?

Few questions before i order.
Ok it shouldn't really be a problem because i have had the same pdf file flyer printed by beanprint not long ago..?
But if you know its not going to print right you will let me know so i can rectify it right?
Whats meant by orders are dispatched completely plain cover?
Same price for double sided and single?

Yes
No mention of our company on the packaging, for example if we are delivering direct to your client.
Yes

Hi Top Dog,

This is my first post but hopefully I can help. I have used InstantPrint about 10-15 times now for small jobs of up to a 1000 pieces. I have to say that the quality of the print is excellent, I cannot complain one bit. In the whole time I have used them they have cocked up twice. One was a finishing mistake as the sales person had forgot to take down pass on that I wanted a Mat Lam finish. it pushed the job from a friday delivery to a Tuesday delivery - they did however pay for the job in the end so the client walked away with a free print job so that was good. The other was when I had supplied the document with 3mm bleed and stated in capitals, bold and 20pt type that i did not want any borders they still went and printed it with a border. When I contacted them and said it's not good enough the boss started being quite rude and insulting in his replies to me.

However, after an exchange of emails and me explaining that his team needed to go back and study a bit more or allow me to come down and show them how to use the software they were using... did he go back to the job, re-check and find the bleeds I had put on the job originally. I also made him re-read the email I sent in the beginning and see that I had requested it in writing. (I'd also sent a Jpeg of how the job was supposed to look). After an hour I got a very groveling email expressing his sincere apologies to me.

Apart from these two incidents, they have been very good. I will continue to stick with them for small jobs as I don't want to take a punt with a new company doing an extended run on an existing client. For price they cannot be beaten and they quality is very very good for that price. However, they need to sack two members of their staff and replace them with half a brain cell, it would twice as effective like that. ;-)

As for Michael the boss, well he should learn to use the software and stop making himself look like a complete and utter fool with his lack of print knowledge. It shouldn't be a designers job to tell him how to run his production department.

For all their faults they do do a good job and yes the price is correct on the website. They even go lower with the offers they do every few weeks so well worth it.

very cheap and surprisingly fast turnaround.

but their online proof maker is slightly dodgy. Doesn't work very well with pdfs, tries to go into the pdf and crop into elements on it for some reason. I had a large 60" by 40" poster with 6 individual objects in it, and the proof maker repeatedly kept trying to crop one of the objects for print. In the end I had to send a very large hiugh res jpeg at 50mb. Their servers sometimes don't like it and it just freezes - so it's a bit hit & miss with that.

But for the price it can't be beat. £13 for a "60 x "40 poster (free delivery promotion). Can't go wrong with that. I guess the reason why they're so cheap is that the user has to review and approve the proofs electronically. The prints go straight to the printer and gets packed by machine.

Used Instantprint for the first time and have had a NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE. Customer service is clearly appalling when things go wrong.

Cutting a very long story short let's just say FOUR days of conversations with FOUR members of their team including a manager Duncan. FOUR days later and still part of my order not received despite being promised them the following day. To my shock horror, despite exposing their poor customer service on twitter, just received another manipulated message saying that we wasn't around to collect delivery yesterday on Friday (we were and collected part of the order and have someone constantly there for collections), another message saying that our order will be delivered Monday, then another message two minutes ago saying thanks for rearranging for Tuesday 28th. We paid for the complete order to be delivered on Friday 24th.

Ha, expect delivery when therefore? You guessed it...FOUR DAYS LATER!

I have been in business for over thirty years. Never I have experienced such poor customer service. Stay away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back