Any Logo Feedback Please?

RS7

Hello,

I am working on this logo for myself at the moment. It is for eco graphic design. I was just looking for some feedback please. The top one i thought was more eco friendly as the icon is smaller and typeface is thiner. The concept is based on the morpho butterfly.

Soul Created for Feedback.jpg

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• Soul Created for Feedback.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 22
There's no way that's effectively communicated with the design - and that's what designers do.

Honestly, I thought it was a gone off avocado or something.

Oh dear ha, thats not what i was going for.

Ok ill work on it, it did start off with it resembling the butterfly more but decided to go abstract but yeah maybe it should be more obvious.

To me the choice of font and the 'blob' say food product. I kept wanting to read the Soul as soup because the font has a similar vibe to the one used by Campbells and as soon as I saw soul in the original imagery I thought of soul food because the soul is so prominent in the design.

Reactions: RS7
Ok, thank you ill go back and re consider the type. Do you think this one is heading in a better direction? Blob wise. I know i need to still sort it all out a lot if so. Thanks for your feedback ill go back to the type aswel.

I only figured out it was the eyespot of a butterfly after I read your concept, which is an issue, as I shouldn't have to know the concept before understanding the design. At first I thought it was the inside of a Kiwi fruit.

I like the thinner 'Soul' font in general, whether is it suitable for the design/concept, I'm not so sure. Either way, at the moment the 'S' is a bit detached from the 'oul' so it almost reads S oul.

Lose the kiwi/avocado/wing blobs altogether, stick with the thinner 'Soul' font and do a bit of work on the 'Clean, Green, etc' typography and you have a nice logo.

Development

After some development I have decided to scrap the eyespot as clearly not going down very well. I am now heading in this direction. What are peoples thoughts on this?

Thank you all for your time I appriciate it.

Much better in my opinion, icon 1, type 2. Icon looks nice and could easily develop into solid colours/animation etc as part of a developing identity (if needed)

I really like the icon one on the second draft of designs.

It would lend it self to being coloured as it the overlapping wing is a transparent colour so you get a different colour where they overlap.

There has got to be an easier way to say that.

Paul

Back