Anti Drug Poster Feedback?!

tododwod

Looking for any feedback, good or bad (obviously)!
Anti Drug Campaign I produced for a University project, aimed at an audience who are not regular users of drugs but have tried them before and would try them again.
Totally new here so not sure if this is the right place to post or not, nevertheless thanks for looking! x

antidrugs1cop.jpg

I'm not a fan of the live trace/posterise filter. I think a good, high quality photo would be more effective and make it seem more 'real'.

Personally I'd laos change the type to use just one typeface, perhaps a simple sans serif with simple lines instead of the arrows. At the minute I'm getting the impression that the contents of the line are comical and light-hearted.

You could also try a scratchy, aggressive typeface to label them, one that looks as though it's been scrawled onto the poster (perhaps even try manually doing it by hand).

Paul - Thanks for the feedback.
I agree with you on the posterise filter, the original photo wasn't the best hence not keeping it in its original format for this mock up, but if I am to take this further I agree that an untouched high quality photo would be a better option. Liking the scratchy typeface idea as well, definitely got some creative juices flowing. Cheers!

MinuteMan - Thanks for your comment. With this target audience in mind, I think the more powerful the message, the more effective it is. Scare tactics!

I don't mind it, but the most powerful bit is the line of coke with the ingredients labelled, and I think it's getting lost. If it was me, I'd have a black poster, with just that line in the middle and then "would you still snort it?" underneath. Lose everything else, it's not adding to the communication.

I don't mind it, but the most powerful bit is the line of coke with the ingredients labelled, and I think it's getting lost. If it was me, I'd have a black poster, with just that line in the middle and then "would you still snort it?" underneath. Lose everything else, it's not adding to the communication.

That's exactly what I'd do too. The whole image thing doesn't work for me, and like Spark said, it's not adding anything to be honest.
I don't mind the different types of font face for the labelling mind. Think that looks quite good.

I agree about the different typefaces, I think they work well in the context.

With the whole message though, not too sure if the scare tactics are that scary to be honest.

The target audience have already had cocaine and if they would do it again they must have enjoyed the experience. I don't thing being told the product has baking soda, sugar and paracetamol would put them off, they aren't very dangerous substances - in fact they are a lot better for you than coke.

If you're going down this route I'd do some more research about other, potential more dangerous ingredients - kitchen cleaners, ketamine etc. - Just a thought.

I'm not a fan of the live trace/posterise filter. I think a good, high quality photo would be more effective and make it seem more 'real'.

I agree, the current art style of the poster is working against the tone of the issue involved. The poster needs some quality photography.

As others have said, I think that the general message behind the poster is decent enough and I like the typeface for the main message - seems suitable although I'm not too sure about the emphasis behind 'Would You' from the underline, doesn't sound right if I say it in my head with that emphasis.

Also agree that the effect on the picture doesn't really do it too many favours I don't think and that whole style detracts from the message. In a way I think the fonts used for the ingredients fit in with this and so I'd look at changing both those fonts along with the main image.

Back