Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another new member

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by DesignersInsurance, Jun 6, 2014.

1. DesignersInsurance

DesignersInsurance New Member

good afternoon and as the title of the thread suggests, I am another new member to the forum.

hopefully we can interact and become involved in relevant topics where our help may be needed - thanks for reading and have a great afternoon.

2. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum :)

3. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

4. DesignersInsurance

thanks for the welcome, its most appreciated.

I am interested in learning more about the topic of how graphic designers view insurance and also to verify some of the anecdotal evidence that we come across - particularly concerning the amount of (graphic) designers who work uninsured. I won't be posting any links or pushing any of our products, I am here to engage, listen and learn.

If anyone has any comments then post them or send me a private message - it will all help.

cheers,

5. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

I don't need insurance... I have a very good contract that basically means the client has ownership on everything that is published on any medium. It's completely up to them to ensure it's all 100% correct before proceeding.

I'm not sure why I'd need insurance? And after 15 years, I have never come across a need for it?

6. DesignersInsurance

Your contract can protect you up to a certain (and often quite good) level, but there are always the risks outside of it that you still face - we have lots of claims examples of situations where the designer has signed everything off, the client is happy, signs everything off and publishes or uses the work ... then out of the blue the claim comes along - however, I can see why you feel that most of your risks are catered for by your contract and I would never ever try to assume that everyone HAS to have insurance - unless of course its a legal requirement (Employers Liability and Motor Risks being the main two) - everyone makes their decision based on their circumstances. We always respect that.

You can obtain professional cover for a very small amount these days and that is also something that I often find people are surprised about but its good to hear your circumstances and the reasons you choose not to have cover.

7. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.