Annual Report Design 2010

Those pictures you took look pretty good. But the bar chart in that pdf-ish image is kinda horrible, especially those heavy shadows on the green bars.

Thanks for the feedback guys,both good and bad. Harlequin, where abouts in Liverpool do you work? Onartis, sorry about that image, it was 3 screengrabs I put together coz I was in a rush. What is it u dislike? The colour? The style? The layout? I'm not always a fan of drop shadows but this is a close up of something that in real life is only 40mm high so on an a4 page it's much more subtle.I'd be interested to hear your thoughts tho.
________
Avandia Heart Attack

Now, I don't know much about the printing world but:
  • I can't imagine that the shadow is suddenly gonna look better on paper.
  • The text might not look quite as huge on paper, but it's still cramped inside that bar

Attachments

• mkay.jpg
    mkay.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 17
davewill said:
Thanks for the feedback guys,both good and bad. Harlequin, where abouts in Liverpool do you work? Onartis, sorry about that image, it was 3 screengrabs I put together coz I was in a rush. What is it u dislike? The colour? The style? The layout? I'm not always a fan of drop shadows but this is a close up of something that in real life is only 40mm high so on an a4 page it's much more subtle.I'd be interested to hear your thoughts tho.

I work from home, in Kirkdale, just by Stanley Road. Im only just setting up as a graphic designer, only done 2 jobs so far lol, currently doing business courses and getting funding from blue orchid (really good).

its good to know there are some other Liverpool designers on here, always good to have contacts.

I agree with Onartis. The drop shadows look pretty bad. They're not necessary at all. The overall layout looks great though and the photography is stunning. Well done to whoever hired Lee Carus!

Another Liverpool designer here, by the way (Kirkby).

Anagoge said:
I agree with Onartis. The drop shadows look pretty bad. They're not necessary at all. The overall layout looks great though and the photography is stunning. Well done to whoever hired Lee Carus!

Another Liverpool designer here, by the way (Kirkby).

Awesome :) there seems to be a few of us here :)

thanks Onartis for taking the time to put your thoughts together, i do appreciate all feedback. the drop shadow was used because the client wanted to keep the green and grey tones but felt that the green didnt stand out enough, and although the client is not always right, i feel like as a designer you should pick your battles so the drop shadow was used! i do take your point tho guys so thanks.

and yeh harlequin/anagoge, theres at least 4 scousers here as i noticed a newbie post in the welcome section last week saying he is from liverpool. did u both go to uni here?
________
Classaction settlements

haha, as soon as i saw typo had commented on this subject i knew it was gona be an amusing line rather than a constructive critique of the annual report!
________
BrookeRides69

davewill said:
thanks Onartis for taking the time to put your thoughts together, i do appreciate all feedback. the drop shadow was used because the client wanted to keep the green and grey tones but felt that the green didnt stand out enough, and although the client is not always right, i feel like as a designer you should pick your battles so the drop shadow was used! i do take your point tho guys so thanks.

and yeh harlequin/anagoge, theres at least 4 scousers here as i noticed a newbie post in the welcome section last week saying he is from liverpool. did u both go to uni here?

self taught, so unfortunately i didnt get to experience student life lol.

well thats not a bad thing, no debt for starters, plus most of what i learnt was on the job anyway! uni was just a bit of paper i needed to give me a better chance of getting jobs
________
Avandia Death

davewill said:
well thats not a bad thing, no debt for starters, plus most of what i learnt was on the job anyway! uni was just a bit of paper i needed to give me a better chance of getting jobs

Thats what most people say, plus im self employed so that shouldnt be too much of a problem as most self employed/freelancers said they have never been asked about there qualifications. I would still like to get it one day, but all funding has been cut for adult learning at the moment so i cant even get the btech needed lol

Im currently in the process of setting up. Ive done a few jobs and have a regular client, but yeah im still quite new.

I currently work from home, but my dream would be to have a studio.

Back