Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anniversary gifts

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Odd thing, just finished making 20 origami lilys as an anniversary gift to my fiance :) LOL

Just wondered out of people here what sort of things they do for their respective other halves for the anniversary (either wedding or just being together sort of thing).

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Greggs mate.....Greggs
  3. a nice pasty? or sausage roll ;)
  4. Thewholehogg

You cannot go wrong with a Steak Bake.

Gravy on your chin madam?
  5. Thewholehogg

Lasses love them Troll bracelets with lots of very expensive beads hanging on em.
    It's like a drug for them.
  6. sarah

sarah Member

Me and my boyfriend just go away together every year around the time we got together. I'd much rather do something nice together than spend ages trying to think of some gift that he probably doesn't want or need!
  7. we were thinking of doing that too.. but we just couldn't afford to with saving for the wedding and moving etc :) but otherwise we would just go away for a weekend together :)
  8. sarah

sarah Member

yeah ours is right during summer, so it ties up with holiday quite well :)

We went through a faze of going to Brighton every year for 3 years, because we became friends with one of the hotel owners. Wandered through the Lanes and picked out which presents we wanted :)
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Chris you are either a giant wuss or a wonderfully loving soft git.

I am a cold and emotionless stone, the best I have managed wait, there isn't anything when it comes to anniversaries.
  10. Thewholehogg

Just stick with Greggs.

Lasses love de pies.
  11. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Thats what i'm talking about.

And maybe a bag of sugar with a doughnut in for dessert?

And if she has a child in a pram you rub a cheese pasty in its face...

...for that 'Tyneside Tan' look.
  12. I'm a loving soft git i'm afraid Mike :lol:

I'm a right soppy old romantic.. it looks really funny all these paper flowers on my desk :lol:
  13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It's people like you who make me look bad!
  14. well it'll happen to you to Mike.. just wait :lol:
  15. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I'm a bit of a soft git too!
    I try to make things rather than buy things for anniversaries. Photo albums, scrap/sketch books etc. Illustrated books of poems, stuff like that.

It's my fiance's birthday in a few weeks, trouble is I went big with the whole event last year and have given myself a pain in the arse this year! I know I won't top it, so I have to make it different.
  16. hire a signwriter Ken :) surprise the hell out of her :D :lol:
  17. Thewholehogg

Aye, I hear Jilted Jon is available...
  18. I meant one of those Skywriters really :lol: get him to fly through the air with a smoke message of birthday wishes :D
  19. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Yeah stop making us look bad Chris! :p

I really suck at the whole buying/making presents thing. I usually just do something crap and very unoriginal like invite her out for dinner or something. Maybe I should try Origami the next time. ;)
  20. well we'll soon see if she likes them or not :lol: I'll be giving her the Origami Lilys in a couple of hours :)