• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anniversary gifts

C

chrismitchell

Odd thing, just finished making 20 origami lilys as an anniversary gift to my fiance :) LOL

Just wondered out of people here what sort of things they do for their respective other halves for the anniversary (either wedding or just being together sort of thing).

:)

Me and my boyfriend just go away together every year around the time we got together. I'd much rather do something nice together than spend ages trying to think of some gift that he probably doesn't want or need!

C

chrismitchell

we were thinking of doing that too.. but we just couldn't afford to with saving for the wedding and moving etc :) but otherwise we would just go away for a weekend together :)

yeah ours is right during summer, so it ties up with holiday quite well :)

We went through a faze of going to Brighton every year for 3 years, because we became friends with one of the hotel owners. Wandered through the Lanes and picked out which presents we wanted :)

mrp2049

Chris you are either a giant wuss or a wonderfully loving soft git.

I am a cold and emotionless stone, the best I have managed is...no wait, there isn't anything when it comes to anniversaries.

Typo said:
You cannot go wrong with a Steak Bake.

Gravy on your chin madam?
Bang!

Thats what i'm talking about.

And maybe a bag of sugar with a doughnut in for dessert?

And if she has a child in a pram you rub a cheese pasty in its face...

...for that 'Tyneside Tan' look.

C

chrismitchell

mrp2049 said:
Chris you are either a giant wuss or a wonderfully loving soft git.
I'm a loving soft git i'm afraid Mike :lol:

I'm a right soppy old romantic.. it looks really funny all these paper flowers on my desk :lol:

Krey20

I'm a bit of a soft git too!
I try to make things rather than buy things for anniversaries. Photo albums, scrap/sketch books etc. Illustrated books of poems, stuff like that.

It's my fiance's birthday in a few weeks, trouble is I went big with the whole event last year and have given myself a pain in the arse this year! I know I won't top it, so I have to make it different.

C

chrismitchell

I meant one of those Skywriters really :lol: get him to fly through the air with a smoke message of birthday wishes :D

Yeah stop making us look bad Chris! :p

I really suck at the whole buying/making presents thing. I usually just do something crap and very unoriginal like invite her out for dinner or something. Maybe I should try Origami the next time. ;)

C

chrismitchell

well we'll soon see if she likes them or not :lol: I'll be giving her the Origami Lilys in a couple of hours :)