Animation Projects

Emmature

As I was asked to do so, here is a link to some of the animations I either worked on individually or collaborated on.
http://www.emmafriel.blogspot.co.uk/p/projects.html
I can see a lot of room for improvement in quite a few, particularly the ones before and right after I started college. I'm hoping to arrange some time to practice and improve some animation techniques and get acquainted with Adobe Flash. The more programmes under my belt the better, right?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these! And please share any advice you have, it'll be a big help to me :)

I always use Adobe After Effects for animation. Flash was never my sort of thing and especially with the way support for it is being pulled all over the place, it might be worth considering using different animation software?
In regards to the "more programmes under your belt the better". I would honestly say no. If I were you, I'd become the After Effects queen and be renowned for that! Jack of all trades, master of none etc :)
Are you rendering out from a laptop or do you work from a desktop machine too?

I have been experimenting a bit with After Effects and getting more used to it, I'd like to get better at that if I could as well. I get a kick out of trying many different things so any I come across I want to learn more about :) at the moment I use Photoshop.
I usually render from my laptop, I don't have a desktop computer unless I use one from college.

There's a lot of learning (constant learning) to be done when it comes to design, animation and anything related! Stick with it, you'll do fine :)
I used to render from my MacBook and to be honest, I used to just have to leave it standing for 4-5 hours at a time. I'll see if I can dig out some of my old animation work!

Oh I certainly will, I ain't giving up anytime soon!
These are great, all done in After Effects you say?I might have to pick your brain or something one of these days, they look good! I really want tea now all of a sudden...
... that was your plan all along, wasn't it. You... tea FIEND! :lol:

I used Illustrator to draw up all the shapes and things like that, but all the animation was in After Effects!

I am a tea fiend, 7 or 8 cups a day, at least! :)

Feel free to pick my brain anytime, that's what I'm here for!

I mainly use Illustrator for lineart. Makes it look a bit sharper. My lines can be a bit messy otherwise.
I'm the same, if it's got caffeine, it's mine. And will do!

I'm much happier in Cinema 4D and After Effects for motion graphics/animation... Flash scares me

I've never tried using Cinema 4D yet. I always wanted to get into 3D animation when I was at Uni, alas, ended up animating 2D then moving away from it altogether!

Cinema 4D and I... don't get on, I'm afraid. Any attempt with 3D ended very badly for me! No idea what I did wrong but no matter what I did, it refused to work for me. Very strange.
I use Photoshop to animate, mainly drawing in the frames and using the timeline. Are there other animation tools I could use? I'd like to know as much as I can :)

Like I said, After Effects is a good shout! Never tried Photoshop's animation tools, but I also don't know what version they released them with?

I'm not sure if I'm sold on animating directly within Photoshop, I could be wrong, but it just seems like adobe maybe trying to shoehorn an extra lot of stuff into a program.
I do have CS6 so maybe I need to experiment with the function and give it a chance...

I've always found After Effects to be the best for animation. I've tried Flash and Motion as well, but After Effects always seems much more effective, and easier to use.

Matt Harle said:
I've always found After Effects to be the best for animation. I've tried Flash and Motion as well, but After Effects always seems much more effective, and easier to use.
I really think it depends on the type of animation you're doing. I've heard a lot of people that make cartoons advise Flash over anything else.

Tony Hardy said:
I really think it depends on the type of animation you're doing. I've heard a lot of people that make cartoons advise Flash over anything else.
Most likely. The animation work I did in After Effects was for the two graduate films I worked on last year, if you remember the little stick figures in the credits. After Effects basically suited all of my needs for those, since it was just some very simple movements of figures across a screen. I'll have to see if I've still got the original source files of them to stick on YouTube later on.

Matt Harle said:
I'll have to see if I've still got the original source files of them to stick on YouTube later on.
Yeah, you should do that and get them posted up on here for other people to see :) I'll dig out my animation work too! Actually, it might be up there ^

Tony Hardy said:
Yeah, you should do that and get them posted up on here for other people to see :) I'll dig out my animation work too! Actually, it might be up there ^
I just hope I got them from the Uni computers before I left. If not, I'll just rip them from the finished film in Premiere.

Pretty good animations! Although regarding that tea one, does that mean you put the milk in before the water?

Matt Harle said:
Pretty good animations! Although regarding that tea one, does that mean you put the milk in before the water?
I always used to put my milk in first, so when I made this, it'd have been accurate.

Now, I'm a water then milk kind of guy!

Back